Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Scholar
Scholar
.... Brilliant :-) I once new a Gunner in the 14/20th Kings Hussars who tried to test the smoke dischargers with a 240V 60W bulb on a Scorpion! It can work with a screwdriver and a bulb if its the right rating bulb ...... but defo not with a bulb for a house.

Anyhoo ...... There was some sights at breakfast this morning, have the Yankee Doodle Dandies never heard of Weetabix or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes? Pastry's and all sorts of fried stuff everywhere and root beer!

I stuck to some toast and a coffee ........ at least it was not brown as a Sgt In the Catering Corp told me once (he was not sure if it was tea or coffee) but decided it was Brown.

I have a friend in the States who I have known for years who was looking for some help so I volunteered to help, plus the weather is not bad. PS If I see Donald I will try to get a selfie :-)

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Arte et Marte, then? think

Are your mates over there a little on the ... er, large side - what with all those hash browns, corn syrup and all the rest?

I'm a porridge man, myself. Only small helpings, though (you know, those little sachets); quick, and easy (not to mention, cheap).

14/20 th? Barker Barracks, Paderborn? Can't have been (unless you're even older than me)! "Catering Corps" dates you a bit, though (the RLC - the "Really Large Corps" since 1993. "We Sustain"); no doubt the time-honoured traditions are still maintained, though:- "Oi! Only one sausage"! (plus a whack across the knuckles with a laddle if you were a bit slow)! smile

If you do bump into The Main Man, be sure to pass on Best Regards from his many admirers on this side of the pond.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Scholar
Scholar
There is a few folk here that are no stranger to a mars bar or twelve, 14/20th KH Munster 1988! Defo - Arte et Marte but most of my time spent elsewhere.

"Oi" only one sausage, remember a cook in Bordon who thought that that a pork chop the size of a ten pence was one portion ...... however he soon changed his mind when my sidekick showed him his "Blue Stable Belt" he was very quiet after that and buggered off back to the Pantry.

If I see the Main Man I will say Hi and sent him a brick with my name on it to help build the wall :-) First day today and it went well, just wondering what tomorrow will bring.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Ah, 1988. By that time I was was (well) "out" - with the hangar doors well and truly closed behind me! I was in Jubail and Khobar then, IIRC.

Bordon ... not my favourite place (Louisburg Barracks, 1977); but there again, neither was Arborfield! Remember the "Manure Principle"?

By the way, the 14/20 (aka "The Hawks", IIRC) were a fine regiment of Hussars; one of the many, in fact. The 15/19 was yet another; I read their 1945-1980 history recently, and it was very impressive. I was attached to the QRIH, myself (good lads; especially on "scheme", and on the ranges). But they're all gone now, of course (well, amalgamated at any rate).

Swing that Lamp:- many years (decades) ago I had the privilege of spending some time with Eddie Lillico. He was running courses in the jungle at Seria (Brunei) and very much "leading by example" (first on the rope out the helicopter, and stuff like that); whilst I was meant to be servicing the kit at the dental centre. No blue belts then, as far as I recall; just OG's, bush hats, and bits and pieces of '44 pattern webbing.

Meanwhile, what (which) ultrasound kit are you playing around with? think

* I believe that Eddie died last year. frown

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Originally Posted by Kevin Finn

... test the smoke dischargers ...

To be honest, I don't recall ever testing the electrical circuits (which was probably very idle of me); and rarely (if ever) saw them actually being used in "the field" ... but I guess it would have been relatively simply to knock up a dummy smoke grenade as a testing rig (my AVO prods would never have reached - longer prods required)!

Complete with a sounder (buzzer) maybe, so you could hear it when you went (leaned) inside the turret to press the appropriate button. smile

Maybe there was a special piece of test kit available. But if there was, I don't think I ever saw it!

Philosopher
Philosopher
Hi Kevin and Geoff, perhaps you guys might think about continuing your military trot down memory lane by PM as this really does have little to do with "Medical Device Maintenance" any more.

Thanks.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Scholar
Scholar
Doing various bits and bobs on Ultrasound over here, still finding it a bit odd as the "Don't talk proper" ......... Its a bit like when I worked in Bath if you have ever dealt with country folk?

Anyhoo back in the UK soon .....

KSF ....... Still Justified and Ancient

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Originally Posted by Kevin Finn

... if you have ever dealt with country folk?

Dealt with them? I'm one of 'em! smile

The rural folk of England - among the best you'll ever find.

Meanwhile, back at "Medical Device Maintenance":- what test kit have you been using when checking out ultrasound units? A phantom, for instance? And is electrical safety a Big Deal over there? think

Huw Online Content
Hero
Online Content
Hero
Thank you Geoff. wink
Probably best to start a new thread then.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (mosfet1996, Geoff Hannis, Yousri, Neil Porter, carl ray, Huw, daisizhou), 514 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020