Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Dreamer
Dreamer
Hi Guys
i know this thread was first started in 2006, since then has there been any installations of RFID ? if so is it working, what are the cost savings of such a project? is it easy to manage? etc

Many thanks

Brian

Hi Roger,

I have tested both Aeroscout & Ekahau systems & we are in a process of implementing RFID system Trust Wide. The reliability of RFID system is depended on various factors but some of the core factors are as follows:
.If Trust has got wireless infrastructure in place, how good the wireless coverage is? I have seen RFID system failed due to bad wireless infrastructure. The other solution to this is to have a readers but this is quite an expensive option.
.Secondly, for active RFID tags, tags configuration is most important because battery get depleted very rapidly on certain settings which will increase your on going maintenance cost of the tags..
.Aeroscout & Ekahau system can integarate into our database systems.

if you need any more info please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Mohsin

Clinical Engineer
Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: Brian Long
what are the cost savings of such a project?

Cost savings are only demonstrable if the system prevents kit like C-Arm Image Intensifiers being wheeled out the door and into white* vans, Brian. whistle

* Other colours are available.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
Brian
Remember GOSH have had a system for a while.
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Hero
Hero
But be careful as to why RFID is being introduced. Read this BBC news article and ask yourself "Do you trust the management?"
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
RoJo #62823 23/11/12 2:09 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

I suggest that we can answer that one without reading the article! whistle

Master
Master
Please note that although a great idea most companies are saying that they are developing a placement guide for tags for common machinery. This is due to the tag failing if on metal or near a high emition device such as a transformer. Also noted was that certain tags have better ranges such as 1m compared to the common 9 m range and this factors was seen to be important as the identification is only as good as the placement, range and durability of the tag. ,we are also working towards gs1 traceability and this is a large part of the pie is we get the green light.

ERRATIC MEANS STATIC SO BE ERRATIC AND NOT STATIC
WE ARE ALL IN THE NHS AND THIS IS
"ERRATIC AND STATIC"
Scholar
Scholar
Has anyone an up to date list of RFID companies that work in hospitals in the UK that can interface or could interface with eQuip? I need some help on this ASAP or the money might go elsewhere. Just picked myself up a contract job in the UK and might need some help.

KSF ..... Back in the UK next week :-)

Savant
Savant
Hi Kevin
I know that Harland Simon are compatible with eQuip. with their many different RFID systems.
Hope this helps.

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.
Super Hero
Super Hero

Interesting! smile

In the context of RFID what are we expecting (hoping for) when we say "interface with ..." (or "compatible with ...")?

1) A mouse click on the record for an individual item of equipment
2) An equipment number or code gets passed to the RFID system
3) The system replies with location information of some kind

Something like that? think

What does (should) the RFID system send back? A Room No., a grid reference (that can be referred to a look-up table) ... or what?

Assuming that I've not been too wide of the mark here ... what is needed at the "database" end? ...

An extra field to hold whatever code the RFID system needs to identify the transponder at the particular piece of equipment?

Some sort of mechanism for receiving the reply from an interrogated transponder, and then displaying that on the screen?

I'm guessing that the "mechanism" could be a string of characters (probably digits) that would be "proprietary" in nature. That is, each supplier having their own "secret" codes.

Unless, of course, all this stuff has been standardised by now. whistle

Meanwhile, there's some good information here.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 57 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Blazingapostle, Volkswagen, Chris_P, Rhomwa, Aziizi
9,891 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25