Rate Thread
ITU Ventilators #72601
Dartford, Kent
Neoteny Offline OP
Master
Neoteny  Offline OP
Master

Dartford, Kent
Morning, we currently use Purritan Bennet 840s and 980s.

Looking at possibly changing.

Could you guys and gals let me know what you have and work with.

Re: ITU Ventilators [Re: Neoteny] #72603
UK
T
Topper Offline
Master
Topper  Offline
Master
T

UK
Although I'm no longer in ITU, we had Maquet Servoi. We have some still in paediatrics for which I am partly responsible for. They are extremely reliable and very low maintenance. PPM is a doddle. The built in Pre-use test is also the complete post repair / service test procedure and takes 2-3 minutes.

Re: ITU Ventilators [Re: Neoteny] #72616
Calderdale
M
micknand Offline
Scholar
micknand  Offline
Scholar
M

Calderdale
We had Drager Evita 2 Dura and 4 vents that were very reliable. Following a replacement project last year we have introduced the Hamilton S1 ventilator to our ICU.

Mick

I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if I was looking back at her!
Re: ITU Ventilators [Re: Topper] #72643
Rambler Country
exitwound Offline
Mentor
exitwound  Offline
Mentor

Rambler Country
Originally Posted by Topper
Although I'm no longer in ITU, we had Maquet Servoi. We have some still in paediatrics for which I am partly responsible for. They are extremely reliable and very low maintenance. PPM is a doddle. The built in Pre-use test is also the complete post repair / service test procedure and takes 2-3 minutes.

We used to have them, total nightmare! Constantly failing requiring main boards and software uploaded. The nebuliser driver was a frequent fail and as it was part of the above, big bucks to repair. The patient circuits kept failing too.

Then, we bought Drager Evita XL's and the phones stopped ringing at last! No faults, very basic pm once a year. Sorted..

5.7L V8 Corvette.. Doing my bit to keep our summers warmer!
Re: ITU Ventilators [Re: Neoteny] #73142
DGH
Steveddie Offline
Technologist
Steveddie  Offline
Technologist

DGH
V500 seem to float our folks icu boats. Once you get past the lack of meaningful error messages, need for everything insightful to come in slow time from Germany. Loved evita’s though.

Re: ITU Ventilators [Re: Neoteny] #73185
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Moira Offline
Expert
Moira  Offline
Expert

Leicester Royal Infirmary
We moved from Servo-is to Hamilton G5s a few years ago, for Paeds. One deciding factor was the Heliox feature, which is easy to use than on other vents.
Very happy with them, they work well from small babies to adult patients. Users have no problems, no major faults have shown up, good company support. And you can get cheap disposable expiratory valves, unlike the £800 autoclaveable block in the Servo-i.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, KM, RoJo 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Huw), 714 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Events
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,278
Posts69,851
Members9,279
Most Online1,391
Mar 26th, 2018