Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

That link won't work now ... it's gone, finito (khalas!). frown

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Question to the Wise:- does NHSP* do (carry, provide, support - or whatever the word is) biomed techs?

Also, am I right in assuming that (despite carrying the NHS logo) it is actually just another company offering staff to the "healthcare sector"; albeit (perhaps) the "preferred supplier" to NHS Trusts? smile

I have taken a quick look at the lovely website, but (TBH) "life is too short" to dig into it too much.

* NHS Professionals Ltd. "... the leading provider of managed flexible worker services to the NHS ... blah, blah, blah"!

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis

That link won't work now ... it's gone, finito (khalas!). frown

Could this be a classic case of a "Good News, Bad News" situation? ...

First, the Good News (I suppose we might call it that):- the Buddies are (is) back!

And the Bad News? Well, even though I gave up that domain name a couple of years ago, the new owner has obviously seen fit to cut and paste not only my original guff (spiel, text, narratives) but has also had the cheek to include my name (not to mention brief "bio-data", and email contact)!

Well, guys, let's be clear:- that site has nothing to do with me now. And surely that is clearly evidenced by the use of the word "BioMed" (capital M), rather than the "Biomed" that I would always use (as can be seen by glancing at the text I wrote many moons ago - even though I see that someone else now claims "Copyright (c) 2017")!

If the guy in California or Florida (or wherever the person is) looks at this (ebme) site - which somehow I doubt - here's the message:- please remove all references to myself from that website, remove my text, stop being a ****, and write your own pages. frown

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

A New (Bad) Deal for Agency Techs? - it looks like the Powers That Be may have shot themselves in the foot (yet) again. frown

Two comments come to mind:-

1) You can't beat the system (the taxman will get you eventually)
2) The UK Government (and especially the NHS) is not very good at IT projects!

See here for more.

Good thing I'm out of it all now.

But on a related matter ... is the "XP to Windows 10 roll-out" really good news for the NHS? What about all those overnight updates standing by to screw things up? think

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 28/02/17 1:50 PM. Reason: Windows 10

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Don't worry, guys ... now we have Super Subbie! smile

Scholar
Scholar
Agency Techs? My mate once asked a well known 3rd party service provider if they could provide a tech for a month ....... they asked for £10k plus expenses to provide a tech for a month.

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Agency Techs and "3rd party service providers" are two different things; your mate should have approached one of the (well-known) Agencies. smile

Or even contacted Yours Truly.

Scholar
Scholar
He should have approached an agency, the 3rd party provider had techs that could not even wire a plug (fact) ……….

Super Hero
OP Offline
Super Hero

Fact? How do you know? think

Otherwise, I rest my case. smile

Scholar
Scholar
Defo Fact, an individual from the well known company went for a job interview in the NHS. The interviewer asked the individual to leave and then sent photographic evidence of the poor attempt at wiring the plug to the CEO and Quality manager of the 3rd party service provider.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ciaran McGuinness, carl ray, chandrasenan5115), 382 guests, and 521 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nor, ReubenEngineer, Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal
10,182 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,067
Posts73,746
Members10,182
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020