Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Burnden Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all

We had a DP300 Multi-function tester, I say had, we do still own it, but sent it back to the manufacturer 6 months ago. They are currently refusing to return it because another NHS Trust still owes them money from February.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Super Hero
Super Hero

Have they completed their work for you? Have they presented an invoice? What do their Terms and Conditions say? think

Otherwise, doesn't your Trust have lawyers? frown

Meanwhile, although their kit looks very nice - and their range is pretty extensive - I wondering why you (or your Trust) went down that route?

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Burnden Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Geoff

I believe they have completed the work and sent us an invoice. Usually we expect the goods to be delivered before payment is authorised, however they seem to expect payment before they release it. They haven't just sent us the invoice for our equipment, but for some bought back in February by another Trust.

Currently payments are still kicking around our bit, partly 'cos it's not been delivered yet, partly 'cos it's in Euros and partly 'cos we're NHS and everything takes time. I guess it might go to the lawyers eventually.

We went with this 'cos one of my colleagues decided it would be ideal for things he checks- I know there are alternatives, but he got it on loan then organised the purchase (from a 3rd party supplier- just to add to the confusion). As the person charged with monitoring the equipment we use for checking patient applied equipment- I get to clear up the mess when things go wrong. So I'm used to dealing with various suppliers, but this is the first time I've met this situation. I was wondering if this is just this firm, or if we've been unlucky or maybe the start of a trend.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted by Burnden

I get to clear up the mess when things go wrong.

Sounds like the Story of My Life (the abbreviated version, that is). frown

But I guess what we're all wondering is:- is your colleague still around? think

Meanwhile, being billed for someone else's costs sounds a bit off; has anyone contacted the company to query this? A simple mistake, surely?

I don't blame them for expecting payment before returning the kit, by the way. I expect they may have been caught out in the past!

Super Hero
Super Hero

Originally Posted by Burnden

... ideal for things he checks ...

Maybe that was because he can generate some nice outputs using Actimed. smile

See the DP-300 datasheet.

By the way, those modular (rack-mounting?) units look interesting.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020