R
roman kasirye Offline OP
Master
roman kasirye  Offline OP
Master
R

Uganda - East africa
Dear all,

Would like to have specialized training in CT scans and , X-rays,Installation,repairs and maintenance , in my country of about 35million we have less than 10 CT scans and i hope this small number will grow big sometime most of these units have been installed by foreign supplier companies who charge lots when these kits breakdown putting into consideration the air ticket,accommodation and other costs.So i need this training anyone who knows where i do it from can send me contact details.

Thanks

Roman
romkasirye@gnail.com

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #65628
the path less trodden
G
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero
G

the path less trodden

You could try RSTI. smile

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #65629
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
N
Neil Porter Offline
Hero
Neil Porter  Offline
Hero
N

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
First line training is fine, but most of the faultfinding is done on a laptop and I am sure that none of the companies are going to give you access to the software, if more Radiology equipment is purchased you will have to write into the contract all the training and service agreements that you can think about. Do you have internet connections at all of the sites to allow remote servicing, if so you could do the 'hardware' repairs for each of the company once the parts have been supplied.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #67118
uk
M
madan Offline
madan  Offline
M

uk
Any body can give any information regarding training on X-ray, CT, and MRI in UK.

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #67130
Permenantly in "The Smoke"
R
RoJo Offline
Hero
RoJo  Offline
Hero
R

Permenantly in "The Smoke"
Do you mean service training or user training?
In either case I expect it will only be the manufacturers who will give machine specific training.
Or are you just after general knowledge about how they work?
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #67819
uk
M
madan Offline
madan  Offline
M

uk
hi Robert,

Thanks for your response, Actually I was looking for service training in depth for any of medical imaging equipment i.e. x-ray, ultrasound, ct or Mri.

Will be thankful for your kind help

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: madan] #67820
the path less trodden
G
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero
G

the path less trodden

As Robert says, just about the only way you'll get "proper" training on equipment of that kind will be by working as a service engineer with one of the manufacturers. But even after working with one manufacturer, you may not have "in depth" skills on another manufacturer's kit. And, as Neil has mentioned, once you are working on the kit you probably won't get far without access to documentation, special tools - and parts!

However, there are also a number of "third party" service companies about; where you can gain good skills "across the board" - the various manufacturers - but, naturally enough, those companies (being small) are really looking for techs who can "hit the ground running", as it were (ready-trained, more or less).

But if you're lucky, you might find one or the other willing to give you a bit of training, then let you loose to "learn by doing" on the job; especially for ultrasound and (or) x-ray. In my opinion, that's as good a way as any for anyone who really wants to learn (and understand):- total immersion, we might call it! whistle

What stage are you at now (skill-wise, that is - experience, electronics etc.)? think

Lastly, I'm wondering what your aims are here; are you looking to get trained, then set up by yourself, or head off overseas, or some such thing? Or maybe you just don't fancy working for one of the Big Name companies (manufacturers)? Personally, I can relate to all of the above! smile

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #69686
London. England
B
bam Offline
Scholar
bam  Offline
Scholar
B

London. England
There are Medical Electrical Installation courses run by Trans-Euro Engineering. For details go to their web site www.trans-euro.co.uk.
This might be a good place to start.

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #73993
Tauranga, New Zealand
P
Philip Page Offline
Philip Page  Offline
P

Tauranga, New Zealand
HI All - I'm back after - I've set up my own Clinical equipment testing company in New Zealand and all is ticking along.

My questions may strike you as being a bit basic, but I'm struggling to gain any traction in regards to radiology testing.
I want to be able to offer my clients radiology testing services as well.
My electronics education in Plymouth College of Further Education in Marine Radar and Telecommunications - is a good enough start.
I know I will need a licence to operate radiology equipment in NZ, which I will get.
I will also need to get test equipment to measure outputs.

Can any one point me at any documentation for testing radiology equipment - what test equipment I need? and what measurements need to be taken etc - specifically KV, time, maS?

Thanks all.

Phil

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #73994
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
N
Neil Porter Offline
Hero
Neil Porter  Offline
Hero
N

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
DESCRIPTION MANUFACTURER MODEL
ALPHA/BETA/GAMMA H&F MONITOR LUDLUM MEASUREMENT INC. 4906P
CONTAMINATION METER TECHNIDYNE TMB-3
DIGITAL AREA MONITOR LUDLUM MEASUREMENT INC. 375 AREA MONITOR
DOSE CALIBRATOR BIODEX ATOMLAB 100
RADIATION MONITOR VICTOREEN 05-437
UNIVERSAL SURVEY METER RADOS RADOS

These might help

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: Philip Page] #73996
the path less trodden
G
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero
G

the path less trodden

HVL ... Half Value Layer. Collimation is also important (but sometimes overlooked).

Fluke test kit (see also RaySafe). Radcal. RTI.

How about:- step wedge, spinning top - oh sorry, that was a "flash-back" from the simpler times of a bygone era. But anyway, here's hoping your test equipment budget is healthy, Phil. smile

FDA (see also Frank).

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #73998
Tauranga, New Zealand
P
Philip Page Offline
Philip Page  Offline
P

Tauranga, New Zealand
Hi Thanks.

Budget - what budget???

The dark side has shallow pockets....

Phil

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: Philip Page] #73999
the path less trodden
G
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero
G

the path less trodden

... tell me about it; that's why I always had to *improvise, or borrow (scrounge) someone else's test kit.

But, if we are starting with "essentials" here, obviously the first thing you need is something to quickly show if the tube is actually exposing (that is, producing the magic rays). A bit of intensifying screen from an old film cassette should do. whistle

Anyway, Good Luck. smile

By the way (as you may have already learned), the travelling x-ray service engineer also needs to carry a step-ladder!

* Which is not always a bad thing, as it forces you to "get back to first principles".

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #74007
Tauranga, New Zealand
P
Philip Page Offline
Philip Page  Offline
P

Tauranga, New Zealand
Hi Guys

Don't get me started on step ladder health and safety.....

Do you know of a paper on testing x ray units? and the things (KV, mA, maS etc) that ought to be measured?
Do you have an indicative result sheet you could send me? on Dental or general Xray.

After reading through Neil's post above (thank you Neil) - I came to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that these items of test equipment where for monitoring amount of radiation generated/received at the target site and not the KV's and mA etc - or have I got it all arse about face as is usual for me.....

New Zealand's National day today - Waitangi Day - high 20's to 30 Centigrade and a day off - cant be bad.....

Phil

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: Philip Page] #74009
the path less trodden
G
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero
G

the path less trodden

[pedant]kV, mA, mAs[/pedant]

Yes; you need to think again ... (as is the general case with all medical equipment) it's the actual effect at the patient that really matters. For example, it's no good measuring mA within the tube circuit if the collimation is out of alignment (or even jammed shut)!

Measurements within circuitry are almost certainly going to be needed when fault finding - but probably not when simply proving output - QA, whatever. Depending upon the level of testing you are hoping to offer (or your customers require), a few radiographs using a step wedge may suffice. Bottom line there is (as with ultrasound imaging), it's the quality of the image that matters.

If you feel the urge to start re-calibrating x-ray tube output(s), make sure you have the full (and correct) service manual(s) to hand!

On the question of Inspection Sheets ... is the stuff at the FDA link I gave of no use? think

Finally, regardless of Jobsworths sticking their noses in whilst you're at work, you will still find a step ladder very handy. And, on the subject of Jobsworths, don't forget to offer some sort of warning to advise folk to keep out when you're merrily exposing away! That applies to having high voltage cabinets open, as well. smile

Re: Training in Ct Scan and X-rays [Re: roman kasirye] #74010
Tauranga, New Zealand
P
Philip Page Offline
Philip Page  Offline
P

Tauranga, New Zealand
Thank Geoff - I really appreciate your advise.

Phil

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, KM, RoJo 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 146 guests, and 32 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NHSDave, Samuel E, Anisha, Tauseef, Mercy Ships
9386 Registered Users
Events
Philips - National Conference
SCCT Study Day
Welch Allyn - Completing The Picture
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,370
Posts70,329