Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74136 04/04/19 8:16 AM
Malcolm Offline OP
Master
OP Offline
Master
Does any one know if the Manley SMS testlung is still available to purchase new or have a second hand one to sell for a fair price.

Buon lavoro

Malcolm.

Malcolm #74139 04/04/19 6:43 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

Are you talking about this old favourite, Malcolm?

See also:- the manual!

Dare I mention that things have moved on a bit now, Mate. Take a look at this nice kit, for example.

How big is this year's budget? think

In bocca al lupo!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Malcolm #74154 09/04/19 2:18 PM
Malcolm Offline OP
Master
OP Offline
Master
the old SMS is still a good bit of kit, I should have purloined one when I was in Cyprus…….
I bought the Smartlung 2000 from IMT and that cost a small fortune for what is effectively a reworked rebreathing bag,
the Citrus is on my "things to buy when I win the….list", some hope.
The Swedes are looking for a second hand SMS in their hospitals as they still produce service kits.

Crepi il Lupo !

Malcolm #74155 09/04/19 8:22 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

Yes; the first one I used was badged BOC. smile

Surely you have fond memories of the (infamous) TSAERT, Malcolm? The "Analyser, Ventilator Performance" - BOC P/N 314012 (that is, the item in question) was listed as part of the kit, but exterior to it (that is, too big to fit in the case).

I can claim a certain amount of involvement with the TSAERT, as I introduced a page full of of "Supplementary Items" (issued to all our sub-units - hospital detachments), and another of "Optional Items" (to be held as required). Both lists referred in the main to items already mentioned in Med & Dent EMERs. I sometimes (but rarely) wondered if all that stuff was ever officially added to the kit; and whether my successors carried on the evolution. Somehow, I doubt it.

Either way, we were able to create an "improved" - but somewhat abbreviated - version of the kit at the first hospital I was involved with in the Magic Kingdom - during my time with the SANGMED Project Team. And yes, it included the well known "A-frame" you are asking about. But it must be said that we're talking about the pioneering days of the early '80's here, Mate.

OK Malcolm; you can wipe away your tears now. whistle

Yes; the Citrex does look very nice! As does the VenTest 800 (aka IMT FlowAnalyser 300).

PS: which Swedes? Doesn't Sweden produce some nice test kit? Service kits? Do you mean SMS for the "A-frame"? I can't find a current web link for SMS. frown

I won't ask about "calibration", but you can do it yourself if you've got the kit (bicycle pump?). See the Appendix in the manual.

Malcolm #74156 09/04/19 8:28 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

The so-called SmartLung is OK (and nicely engineered) ... but is (was) just a test lung, really. In the past (not having much proper test kit to hand), I have got away with just a standard rebreathing bag and suitable rubber bands (cut from inner tubes, even) as required. Readily available, and far cheaper! smile

Mantienilo semplice!

Moderated by  Huw 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blazingapostle), 72 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Blazingapostle, Volkswagen, Chris_P, Rhomwa, Aziizi
9,891 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,814
Posts72,637
Members9,890
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020