Rate Thread
Test Lung #74136
Rome
Malcolm Offline OP
Mentor
Malcolm  Offline OP
Mentor

Rome
Does any one know if the Manley SMS testlung is still available to purchase new or have a second hand one to sell for a fair price.

Buon lavoro

Malcolm.

Re: Test Lung [Re: Malcolm] #74139
the path less trodden
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero

the path less trodden

Are you talking about this old favourite, Malcolm?

See also:- the manual!

Dare I mention that things have moved on a bit now, Mate. Take a look at this nice kit, for example.

How big is this year's budget? think

In bocca al lupo!

Re: Test Lung [Re: Malcolm] #74154
Rome
Malcolm Offline OP
Mentor
Malcolm  Offline OP
Mentor

Rome
the old SMS is still a good bit of kit, I should have purloined one when I was in Cyprus…….
I bought the Smartlung 2000 from IMT and that cost a small fortune for what is effectively a reworked rebreathing bag,
the Citrus is on my "things to buy when I win the….list", some hope.
The Swedes are looking for a second hand SMS in their hospitals as they still produce service kits.

Crepi il Lupo !

Re: Test Lung [Re: Malcolm] #74155
the path less trodden
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero

the path less trodden

Yes; the first one I used was badged BOC. smile

Surely you have fond memories of the (infamous) TSAERT, Malcolm? The "Analyser, Ventilator Performance" - BOC P/N 314012 (that is, the item in question) was listed as part of the kit, but exterior to it (that is, too big to fit in the case).

I can claim a certain amount of involvement with the TSAERT, as I introduced a page full of of "Supplementary Items" (issued to all our sub-units - hospital detachments), and another of "Optional Items" (to be held as required). Both lists referred in the main to items already mentioned in Med & Dent EMERs. I sometimes (but rarely) wondered if all that stuff was ever officially added to the kit; and whether my successors carried on the evolution. Somehow, I doubt it.

Either way, we were able to create an "improved" - but somewhat abbreviated - version of the kit at the first hospital I was involved with in the Magic Kingdom - during my time with the SANGMED Project Team. And yes, it included the well known "A-frame" you are asking about. But it must be said that we're talking about the pioneering days of the early '80's here, Mate.

OK Malcolm; you can wipe away your tears now. whistle

Yes; the Citrex does look very nice! As does the VenTest 800 (aka IMT FlowAnalyser 300).

PS: which Swedes? Doesn't Sweden produce some nice test kit? Service kits? Do you mean SMS for the "A-frame"? I can't find a current web link for SMS. frown

I won't ask about "calibration", but you can do it yourself if you've got the kit (bicycle pump?). See the Appendix in the manual.

Re: Test Lung [Re: Malcolm] #74156
the path less trodden
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Geoff Hannis  Offline
Super Hero

the path less trodden

The so-called SmartLung is OK (and nicely engineered) ... but is (was) just a test lung, really. In the past (not having much proper test kit to hand), I have got away with just a standard rebreathing bag and suitable rubber bands (cut from inner tubes, even) as required. Readily available, and far cheaper! smile

Mantienilo semplice!

Moderated by  Huw 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Islam), 526 guests, and 36 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl Paiva, Fannysalinasg, AlexZ, ngocbienbme, FieldEngineer
9373 Registered Users
Events
Philips - National Conference
Welch Allyn - Completing The Picture
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,359
Posts70,273
Members9,373