Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Manual for Neurothesiometer -Horwell #69511 02/07/15 4:30 PM
Ahku Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello there.
Could someone provide me with the service manual Neurothesiometer -Horwell please?

Rgds
Dan

Recruitment / Jobs
Advertise your jobs with EBME
Re: Manual for Neurothesiometer -Horwell [Re: Ahku] #74183 29/04/19 1:37 PM
Ahku Offline OP
OP Offline
Dear memebers ,
I would need a favour from you regarding some Technical advice from our well-known expert Trainer from Avensysmedical Training Dept.
As far as I know electrical safety test’s values for all classes of medical devices( class 1 , class2 and class3 ), they have a specific values ( ERIC) in term normal fault and single fault condition.
My questions now are what are the ERIC values for a physio ( gym / Rehab equipment) and laboratory equipment ( for example lab. Scales, oxygen / co2 incubators etc etc)? Could you refer me to someone who can advise me please?
Thank you .
Kind Rgds,

Re: Manual for Neurothesiometer -Horwell [Re: Ahku] #74184 29/04/19 1:46 PM
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Super Hero

I don't have the values* to hand ... but laboratory equipment is covered by BS EN 61010-1.

As you know, other medical equipment in general is covered by BS EN 60601. That includes electrically powered physiotherapy equipment, and (I dare say) "gym" equipment used in a healthcare setting.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's struggling to remember what ERIC actually stands for! smile

* But, as you might expect, they are less stringent than for patient-connected equipment.

Re: Manual for Neurothesiometer -Horwell [Re: Ahku] #74189 30/04/19 11:41 AM
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Super Hero

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but I came across this in some notes:-

"When testing Laboratory and Test & Measurement equipment IEC-61010 calls only for Enclosure Leakage (or "Touch Current") to be tested, and gives the following limits":-

500 µA normal
3500 µA at SFC

Compare these to:-

100 µA normal
500 µA at SFC

... for medical equipment Enclosure Leakage being tested to IEC-60601.

See also these excellent documents. smile

PS: but I've still not tracked down ERIC!

Re: Manual for Neurothesiometer -Horwell [Re: Geoff Hannis] #74194 03/05/19 1:25 PM
Ahku Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Geoff,
Thank you for the details . I have adopted ERIC principle from IPEM report number 97- Regarding guide to Electrical safety testing of medical equipment. ERIC principle are memorised words to carry out systematic electrical safety test for medical devices. here in East Sussex , most medical engineers adopt it.
If safety testing using test equipment is appropriate, then the order in which the three basic sets of tests are carried out is important for the safety of the tester. the safe order can be summarised as : Earth Resistance, Insulation and leakage Currents.
IPEM suggest the acronym ER-IC to describe and help newbies engineer to remember this important safety point.
Hope that this help? smile

Re: Manual for Neurothesiometer -Horwell [Re: Ahku] #74196 03/05/19 2:04 PM
Geoff Hannis Offline
Super Hero
Super Hero

Ah yes; that must have been where I saw it.

It is a good aide memoire. Thanks. smile

But, going back to your first question, although the ER and the I may be a "standard" single value, for "normal" (60601) medical equipment, the C element is likely to contain more than one test circuit (depending upon the testing regime you are following).

You may be interested in this ancient thread (especially as John also mentions ERIC)!

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, KM, RoJo 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Huw), 149 guests, and 29 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
zizo, Gerald Zion, dobr, Brendan, Alemu
9442 Registered Users
Events
Philips - National Conference
SCCT Study Day
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,418
Posts70,594
Members9,442