Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: VRCT audit.. [Re: exitwound] #74242 27/05/19 2:41 PM
Malcolm Offline
Mentor
Mentor
During my 18 months at Bielefeld the officer in charge was a REME Major, ex, current? SAS, his uniform looked pretty resplendent with all the daggers and wings, and a decent sort of guy….(until he sent all the Germany based electromeds on a week long escape and invasion, oh well at least it was summer.)

as for the * couldnt agree more ;-)

Re: VRCT audit.. [Re: Malcolm] #74244 27/05/19 3:19 PM
Geoff Hannis Online Content
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

They made it a *Major's post! When was this, I wonder (I was there 1979-82)? How many blokes were there (including the hospital detachments, of course) at that time?

Are you pulling my leg there, Malcolm; how could those all those guys be spared for a week of non-productive fun like that?

I once proposed an exercise based on a hike up the hill to the Teutoburger Wald, complete with tools and test equipment (aka AVOs) stuffed into '58 pattern webbing to navigate to a "crashed" Bedford that had "spilled" a Picker field x-ray set. The mission was to "fault find" the (simple) fault on the Picker, make the repair then heave it back into the lorry, get the Bedford going again and cabby back to Richmond Barracks for tea and medals in the Mess! All pretty realistic, I thought (considering our role) - remember "battlefield repair techniques"? Needless to say, my plan was vetoed by Captain H***, citing something along the lines that "we don't have time for that sort of thing". frown

The only "warlike" things I can remember getting involved in at Bielefeld were supporting the Field Hospital exercises at Olen, and the Rheindahlen Marches! In fact is was very difficult to get away from "work" at all. All I managed to escape to was a couple of weeks at the Army's Outward Bound School in Norway (which was a great experience); naturally, I checked out the Boiling Sterilizer whilst I was there! whistle

* I would be interested to learn the name of that gentleman - PM me if you like.

We had an ex-SAS RAMC Major at the BMH in Hong Kong (I'm told he ended up as a Brigadier); I helped him set up a nice little exercise which entailed a bit of gentle abseiling followed by a hike across the hills (semi-jungle, but also gentle, as we had nurses with us) and a bit of radio procedure to end up at the BBQ on the beach. Luckily, I had kept hold of the compass (and the map)! All very "medic", if you know what I mean. There were only two of us REME techs there in those days, and we could only be "spared" (away) one at a time. Great times, though; probably the best two years of my life!

Re: VRCT audit.. [Re: Malcolm] #74245 27/05/19 8:11 PM
Geoff Hannis Online Content
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

OK Malcolm, that's enough about RCT(V) ... better get back to VRCT (or RCT as it is now known). smile

Originally Posted by Rob1234

Go and view the register on the RCT website and then type 'suspend' in the search box - I don't think with 7 suspensions out of 2555 people, anyone has much to fear...and then what exactly are you suspended from? - a voluntary register! laugh

The whole thing is a complete waste of time, effort and money (IMO).

... currently standing at sixteen suspensions (from a total membership of 2,662), and all cited for "CPD Failure". frown

Re: VRCT audit.. [Re: exitwound] #74249 28/05/19 1:25 PM
jqworle Offline
I am another who has let my RCT lapse, in all the years i held it no one asked if i was on the register ,and my last company stopped asking people to join it, my present company didn't even know what it was about.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, KM, RoJo 

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Geoff Hannis, Roger, kittiwat, Huw, webbie, Dustcap), 257 guests, and 33 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mar69vas, KWoodcock, Edop88, imot, smb
9462 Registered Users
Events
Philips - National Conference
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,428
Posts70,672
Members9,462
Most Online1,391