Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E-Quip thoughts? #74278 19/06/19 11:26 AM
LaurenceF Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,
Is anyone using the latest version of e-quip as their asset management system. What are your thoughts on it in comparison with the likes of Medusa and AIMS etc? It is considerably cheaper than the other alternatives but curious as to whether there is any limitations to it.
Thanks.

Re: E-Quip thoughts? [Re: LaurenceF] #74281 19/06/19 11:51 AM
Geoff Hannis Online Content
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

From what I've seen of it, it's better than both of the two mentioned.

I don't know about any limitations; and (on the contary) I've heard that the developers are always ready to listen to suggestions for improvements. It appears to be software of quality.

AIMS is American (ECRI).

Is Medusa still around? A reincarnation* perhaps? think

OK ... it's from Sweden (and NHS hospitals in Bristol use it, apparently). Let's hope that users don't turn to stone.

* I believe there was a database of the same name written by an RAF bloke, IIRC.

Meanwhile, I wonder what became of E-MAT after Barwick was bought by another company. It wasn't that many years ago that it was very much "flavour of the month" on here.

Re: E-Quip thoughts? [Re: LaurenceF] #74285 19/06/19 2:22 PM
Dustcap Offline
Technologist
Technologist
Hi Laurence
I was a previous user of Medusa and the data that comes out of it is brilliant. I never appreciated it until i started using another vendor. As for users in the UK, 15 in the UK and 350 in Sweden, Norway and Iceland.
You could do a lot worse than Medusa but i imagine its what you want it for, data, purely asset management, good inventory, and easy to use. It was also designed by EBME techs alongside software developers. We looked at another supplier but found that other users were frustrated with customer support and that the supplier only sold the software and not play a part in developing it.
Having looked at F2, e-quip and Medusa, i would opt for Medusa. You really get what you pay for.

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, KM, RoJo 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Huw, Geoff Hannis, raysoler), 127 guests, and 39 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Osman0663, joey, Crosshead, tfracon, fabiodb
9423 Registered Users
Events
Philips - National Conference
SCCT Study Day
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,395
Posts70,479
Members9,423