Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74573 18/09/19 8:49 PM
Scholar
OP Offline
Scholar
Lots of conversations in other industries re: standing desks and the health benefits for staff. Has anywhere tried standing benches for techs?

Scholar
Scholar
My bench is 90 cm high, standing is comfortable and easy to work at ( same height as a kitchen work top ), using PC long term is not so nice standing so I have a chair with a longer gas strut so sitting at said bench is also comfortable. I don't think I could work all day standing or work at a desk level bench. The mix seems healthy to me.

Super Hero
Super Hero

I have always preferred to stand at the workbench (as those who have worked alongside may be willing to attest).

But when writing (not that I do a lot of that these days), I really need to be sitting at a desk.

Nowadays, most of my work is done at the computer keyboard; I often put in two sessions a day, each usually lasting for five hours or more ... both standing at a 90 cm worktop (although I admit that 100, or even 110, would be more comfortable).

When using one of my internet PCs (like now), I sit at a computer desk ... but find that I slump down (poor posture) if I'm at it for too long. frown

Surely it is no secret that "the answer" to prolonged work in a fixed position (whether standing or sitting) is to take plenty of (hopefully short) breaks! smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020