Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74728 29/11/19 12:27 PM
Scholar
OP Offline
Scholar
Hi

I've had a request from our Cardiac Rehab for a "Pedal Exerciser", basically a bike without handle bars or seat that can be used in clinic by a patient under going rehab. They would like some way to adjust the tension and maybe a counter or timer.

They found some on that well known supplier of quality Medical Equipment, Amazon! which I promptly sent back as the first line in the manual was "Not for Therapeutic Use".

So - anyone any idea where best to look - obviously I have tried Google to no avail - just basic home use stuff

Thanks in anticipation
Mick

I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if I was looking back at her!
Adept
Adept
https://www.emsphysio.co.uk/product-category/rehabilitation/rehabilitation-exercise-equipment/

There are other distributors, even more who provide servicing of devices. Speak with the Physioterrorists as they'll often now what is good and what is rubbish.

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Originally Posted by micknand

... I have tried Google to no avail - just basic home use stuff

Like this one, you mean? think

To be honest, in this case kit from both the Amazons of the world and the "well respected brands" (see above) appears - to my eyes at least - to be much of a muchness. In fact many appear to be identical, and almost certainly from the same OEM (in China, no doubt).

I wouldn't spend too much time on it; just follow whatever the Physios advise (and use themselves, even), as Dustcap suggests. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
micknand #74766 11/12/19 10:28 AM
Scholar
OP Offline
Scholar
Thanks Dustcap and Geoff

I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if I was looking back at her!

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mertn, VN_ebme, Fayid Ahmed, Farhad Nourbakhs, keremyyildiz
9,837 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,742
Posts72,417