Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Please find below a link to the UK Government's guidance on COVID-19: infection prevention and control. It includes a section on management of medical equipment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control

Dreamer
Dreamer
We are not going into the Covid wards unless it's absolutely unavoidable i.e machine failure on a fixed machine. If a machine has failed that is removable it should be cleaned down by nursing staff who should then fill out the decontamination declaration and double bagged, then we would clean it in our decontamination area again wearing the correct PPE to ensure we're happy it's been cleaned.
If in doubt gown up and clean it again before you work on it, which I would say is 100% of the time at present!

Philosopher
Philosopher
We are fairly much following the same routine. You clean and bring to us unless it's bolted in place.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Umi Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
Morning all,

Good idea of double bagging the equipment Heather especially monitors, but more difficult with larger equipment vents..& anaesthetic machines....

UMi-007

"WORK SMART NOT HARD !"
Super Hero
Super Hero

Once the kit is in the "dirty" area of the workshop ... how do you actually clean (disinfect) it?

I was always a fan of common or garden "Clorox" liquid bleach (of the type generally available more or less everywhere)*.

No doubt these days more powerful (aggressive) - and expensive - products are de rigueur. I recall that Cidex was good for dealing with bacterium (such as TB), but heard a while ago that it is no longer (cannot be) used ... so, what products are folk using these days?

See also this earlier thread ... as well as this one. And here's yet another take on it all.

* It was certainly good (strong) enough for cleaning blood sampling valves on Coulter Counters.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Umi Offline OP
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
Morning all,

Does any EBME department already have or managed to create designated self-contained decontamination in their workshop or near by as the crisis progresses and more defective contaminated equipment needs looking at?

UMi-007

"WORK SMART NOT HARD !"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Haitham, Scouse Simon, Eladio, student7, Eng.KISSOPE
9,783 Registered Users
Forum Statistics