Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mboswa Offline OP
OP Offline
i have a mindray diagnostic ultrasound system which is not starting and is giving me this message on the screen."smart failure predicted on the hard disk 1:WDC WD3200BEVT-22A23TO-(S3)".I was thinking that the hard disk needs to be replaced.will they be need to load a new software after that?

Super Hero
Super Hero
Sounds like a corrupted file or perhaps a disk error, unfortunately. Probably due to power interruption, or not having been closed down correctly (the age-old problem), I suspect.

Yes; you may need the original software. But it might be worth getting that HDD out and putting it in a PC, then trying to repair the file system using the usual software tools.

The DC-3 should have a USB port; I'm wondering if you could examine the HDD from there. Do you know which filing system the HDD uses? I think the OS may be Win XP.

Do you have the manual, by the way (see Section 8.3)?

Here are a couple of links that may prove useful:-

1) WDC
2) Sentinel

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hi Mboswa

Your hard drive has suffered a important damaged... So in my opinion you must take out the hard disk from the ultrasound equipment and connect it like it were a external hard drive by usb. After you have to recover the licenses that are files KEY. Otherwise you will lose them that licenses.

You have two ways in order to reinstall the software, one way is request to Minday Support Team the necessary files to reinstall the software. Other is get from other DC-3. To clone its hard drive. Obviously you have to reinstall the KEY files after the system has started.

Super Hero
Super Hero
With equipment of this kind - and before doing anything too drastic - it is always worth spending a bit of time taking a good look inside the machine (and, who knows, any technical documentation) to see if some kind soul has noted the pass-codes etc. with a felt-tip pen (or whatever).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 681 guests, and 503 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020