Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Alf #75784 02/11/20 5:59 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero
Looking closely at Figure 1 in the CME FSN (cited above) ... if there has to be a "re-design", I would suggest that the battery contact leaf spring connectors would be a good place to start. To be specific ... their shape.

Spring-loaded plunger connectors ("buffers") would be altogether better, of course. Or even six AA batteries ... or maybe a "quality" solution using components from companies such as Keystone.

With reference to Figure 1, if for some reason the battery moves up (towards you, the viewer) - maybe because it does not fit snugly in its compartment - or is even being pushed up by a crumbled sticky pad (!) - the battery contacts will tend to disengage from the leaf connectors.

By the way - in answer to some of my own questions - I note that the FSN mentions that the real problem is that the pump can unexpectedly power down ... "without any warnings". frown

Don't forget that the PP-3 was designed to be used with the snap-on (off) connector ... not simply pushed up against leaf spring (or any other) contacts.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Scholar
OP Offline
Scholar
Thanks Geoff and Alf - sorry for the delay replying - I'm sure we all have the same Covid related issues at the moment.

Yes the Duracell Ultra is now the recommended battery.

I too have described the foam pad as a bodge job Alf, not what we would and should expect of a Medical Device, very disappointing.

It's ok reminding us how the battery should be inserted but in the real world where we have a patient involved and pressures elsewhere - the device needs to be fit for that purpose in that situation with those pressures.

Onwards and upwards
Mick

I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if I was looking back at her!
Super Hero
Super Hero
Why not bin the gash foam pad ... and simply make suitable "adjustments" as mentioned by Dave in Oz at #75765?

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020