Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#75950 06/01/21 3:21 PM
Alf Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Happy New Year folks

And as we are now in the grip of the second, more virulent wave of Covid 19 - for my EBME and Decontamination colleagues, with regard to the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...transmission-of-covid-19-4-november-2020

I have been working with Professor Tony Fisher MBE MD PhD, Consultant Clinical Scientist of Royal Liverpool University Hospital and for some time on air and surface decontamination technologies.

Professor Fisher has now reviewed and consulted on the document and recommended that the AirSteril units our Trust are using in clinical areas, EBME workshops and libraries should be considered in the C-19 mobile Labs programme as a decontamination regime for all their mobile units to manage the transmission of Covid 19.

The efficacy of these devices has been confirmed with regard to significantly reducing transmission rates.

Happy to send reports on the units efficacy from the Health Protection Agency (PHE), UK and European Laboratory Testing. In papers I have referred to the action of these devices as Air & Surface CNDD (Continuous Non Depleting Decontamination) Technology.

I would like to pass on my thanks to all concerned during the research into this technology, especially Mr Dewsbery of AirSteril for his assistance and patience.

Stay safe

Last edited by Alf; 06/01/21 3:24 PM.

Darren Magee
Assistant Director Medical Physics & Clinical Engineering
Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
1 member likes this: John Sandham
Hero
Hero
Well done Darren.
Reducing transmission rates - very positive. :-)

Be Proactive and reactive.
Alf Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Thanks John

Quite serendipitous actually, certainly not planned but involvement in this area of research has lead to an incredible journey of discovery, collaboration and support.

This has resulted in the formation of ESTA - the Earth Science & Technology Association.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rapid-cl...omer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Founder members are working on some of the most significant developments globally.

It would be good to know what members of this forum think, happy to answer any questions

Darren

Last edited by Alf; 08/01/21 6:33 PM.

Darren Magee
Hero
Hero
A worthy cause Darren, and an ambitious target.
With Global Warming and Covid, science has a lot of challenges to overcome, but I feel optimistic that solutions will be found and there will be light at the end of the tunnel. (Eventually)...

Be Proactive and reactive.
Alf Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Thanks John, the Earth Science and technology Association has already brought a lot of like minds, kindred spirits if you like together.

Some of our members have already patented technology and working prototypes to overcome priority challenges - some of these have government interest and support.

Thats why I would be interested to receive comments from EBME members regarding the technology in the link below

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rapid-cl...omer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet - just keep pressing read more

Imagine - What if there was no need to charge Electric Vehicles at all, and for life, no need for charging or for charging infrastructure, the range of these vehicles no longer a consideration or concern. And whilst parked up, as well as keeping the vehicle power pack fully charged, your car would provide green energy to power your house and provide excess to the grid. Testing MOD facilities confirms this as a reality.

There are many medical device applications also.

Last edited by Alf; 14/01/21 1:48 PM.

Darren Magee
Philosopher
Philosopher
Hi Alf, can't seem to get the link to work, could you re-post please.

Ta, Dave

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Huw Offline
Hero
Hero
@Alf
Links sometimes get truncated if the 'insert link' function isn't used.
Please click the Use Full Editor button below and then look for the 'insert link' button.
This one » [Linked Image] (Just above the text entry box.)

Or just send it to me... admin@

Alf Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Earth Science & Technology Association link

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rapid-cl...omer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Just keep pressing read more for all info

Last edited by Alf; 15/01/21 9:57 AM.

Darren Magee
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Here's some more "Rocket Science" (NOT)!

Surely I'm not the only one who has encountered "cooking" (or worse still, "toilet") smells from other flats in high-rise buildings?

I remember having to deal with such "snags" on New Hospital Projects (in nurses accommodation - a new build - in one particular case); once identified, the problem was easily dealt with by a bit of re-engineering (or perhaps I should say the correction of the earlier poor design "by others").

The key here being:- ventilation (especially in warmer - and (or) humid - climes). I was always suspicious of HVAC systems - best avoided where possible, in my opinion. All those ducts blowing who knows what to who knows where!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
The key here being:- ventilation (especially in warmer - and (or) humid - climes). I was always suspicious of HVAC systems - best avoided where possible, in my opinion. All those ducts blowing who knows what to who knows where!

Geoff, fresh air supplied through Hepa Filtration, plus if there is a fire the HVAC goes into reverse and sucks the smoke out.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (daisizhou, Stargolf, Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, 1 invisible), 509 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020