Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Howard #76308 11/05/21 5:45 PM
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Originally Posted by Howard
...you don't have to have a laptop with you to drive the device....
... this is the essential point to bear in mind when comparing the Datrend approach with others (especially Ansur). It's a practical (real world) consideration.

In short, vPad (Datrend) uses Android tablets to "drive the device" (test equipment), with "apps" to be installed depending upon which test equipment in being used (and which, if any, CMMS is to be linked to). In fact, you could say that the tablet is part of the test equipment (a situation that becomes obvious when you glance at the latest Datrend test equipment).

Whereas Ansur needs (uses) a "plug-in" (dedicated software) for each item of test equipment (electrical safety tester, NIBP tester etc.), vPad uses an "app".

I believe there is merit in both approaches. For instance, I like the "drag and drop" style of the Ansur template building "screen" - it's (what they call) "intuitive" (and has been that way from the very first Metron versions).

From the little I've seen so far of OneQA, it seems to be very PC - or large laptop - centric, and what we might call "document based".

Originally Posted by Howard
CMMS integration is difficult, but not impossible. It depends if you really think you need it ...
Yes; wise words.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
1 member likes this: John Sandham
Dreamer
Dreamer
Hi All

A couple of points:-

1. "These days" we have to test so much equipment all the time , that we cant afford to have a paper based system - so we are entering data into a PC/Laptop anyway. So we have a computer with us at all times - I'm up to 4 laptops with me (not all in use at once).

2. I can only talk about Ansur, with Ansur you don't need to have a plugin (true you wont get integration with your Fluke test equipment) but you can enter any data you want.

Phil

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero
Yes, you can use Ansur in a general fashion (developing, then using, "Test Templates"- PM procedures) ... without interacting with test equipment; although that was, of course, the reason it was "invented" in the first place - and still remains its main purpose in life today.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff Hannis, daisizhou), 95 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mertn, VN_ebme, Fayid Ahmed, Farhad Nourbakhs, keremyyildiz
9,837 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,742
Posts72,420
Members9,837
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020