Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
atsocas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I'm working with a clinic which uses a few IntelliVue monitors. At the moment, I'm contracting with them, so I can't take full benefits of asking for training - I've tried and it was a no.

Does anyone know of a route to get IntelliView MX series training for biomed engineers? Heck, is this even possible?

Super Hero
Super Hero
Welcome to the forum, Shamil.

"... without access to Philips rep" ... so you're looking for some kindly up-to-date biomed to find the time to give you a few pointers? Good luck with that, then.

Or are you just saying that you (currently, and for some reason) don't have access to a Philips rep?

Anyway, you will need both the "licence key" and "support tool" to be able do do much with those monitors.

See here.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
atsocas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the welcome!

So I’m currently contracting with a team and they’ve had a mixed relationship with Philips. I believe their RightFit contract has ended so I’m not sure what exactly is going on with the relationship, but rumours I’ve heard is that they want a minimal relationship with them.

That said, I’d like to get some training on the MX series monitors, the link you posted helps! However, I believe I need an enrolment key which can only be attained from Philips. I’ve requested through my team lead however they don’t want to pay for training as I’m contracting with them (fair enough).

Agree that I’ll need a license key to touch the things smile my workstation has the support tool, it’s just the training I need.

Super Hero
Super Hero
So no-one else on your team has a licence key, then? Or isn't able to provide some on-the-job training? If the contract with Philips has ended, then surely some-one on the team must (should) be able to carry on maintaining the monitors (you know, "in-house")?

Can I assume that you're working as an Agency Technician? If that is indeed the case, then I can only extend my sympathies (having "been there, done that", as it were).

"Mixed relationship ...", "minimal relationship", " don’t want to pay for training"; yes, all that sounds familiar. Maybe "they" might be prepared to dangle the training carrot as an inducement to getting you to join the team on a permanent basis. Don't worry, any "minimal relationship" will suddenly improve once a Purchase Order gets waived about (training like that costs money).

By the way, I'm guessing who it is you're working with. But as I'm out of all that now (for ten years or so), let's say that I'll happily admit to being very much "out of the loop".

Anyway, Good Luck.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Master
Master
Shamil, I can send you the MX series service manuals if they would help full.

Malcolm.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (DTP), 133 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
UHN-MedEng, NEC, Zain Ramzan, Aran Haywood, konate
9,915 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,827
Posts72,696
Members9,915
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020