Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MattC81 Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Hi

We are looking to getting a 3rd party agency to supply us with an engineer for around 3 months to work through our PPM backlog.

I have contacted Key Health and Avensys but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using 3rd parties to fill recruitment gaps and If you have any recommended companies.

We are based in the North West.

Thanks in advance.

Super Hero
Super Hero
Sadly, my own favourites are no longer trading.

But, have you considered using 3x or so NHS "holiday makers" (and "busman holidays", at that)? At least that way you would know what (who) you are getting (easy to check out beforehand). Probably cheaper that way, too.

Otherwise, you might also come across a retired tech who wouldn't mind doing a few months "just for old times' sake" (and no, I'm not volunteering myself).

Either way, may I suggest that you should be thinking in terms of the "bloke" ... rather than the "company". In short, you want someone who will stay the course over three months of "PM" (without much supervision, I'm guessing).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
MattC81 Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Hi Geoff

We have considered advertising for a part time or bank Engineer but we are hoping to be back to full strength in 3-6 months, the recruitment process for a new bank position would probably take the same time.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Malcolm, JohnBad, Huw), 89 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Neilsonc, Fran2612, Daniela Renée, markwestby, dzeb
9,981 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,864
Posts72,878
Members9,981
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020