Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Thread Like Summary
Huw, John Sandham, Mboswa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#75449 06/15/2020 8:39 AM
by Mboswa
Mboswa
I'm having problems with the GE MAC 5500 ECG Machine.when printing the report its skipping some pages and then starts printing after skipping 3 or more pages ,at times the paper is also getting stuck.i tried to use a different paper they was a slight improvement but not good at all, what can be the problem?
Liked Replies
#75451 Jun 15th a 10:15 AM
by Neil Porter
Neil Porter
Mboswa, are you using the correct paper, each ECG machine has it's own specific paper which is marked, usually by a 'black box' and you cannot use paper from a different supplier.
2 members like this
#75453 Jun 15th a 10:49 AM
by Dustcap
Dustcap
Check to see if the paper has a black rectangle in the corner of the page, or it might have a hole punched through it? Try swapping the paper and also worth cleaning the sensor that detects these marks as they often get covered in dust.
2 members like this
#75455 Jun 15th a 08:18 PM
by Geoff Hannis
Geoff Hannis
Can we presume that the machine is clean ... and that you have checked connections to the sensor?

Are you sure the correct paper is being used (and not some cheap substitute)? I guess you are already aware that the machine can use two paper sizes (namely US "Letter" size and A4 fan-fold thermal paper); adjustment is made at the paper guide.

Try a fresh pack of paper.

Are stocks of paper being stored correctly? It's not too humid in Lusaka, is it?

Try a little alcohol and a cotton swab on the sensor. If problems persist, maybe the sensor is on the way out (that is, about to fail).
2 members like this
#75487 Jul 2nd a 10:13 AM
by Adrian Jones
Adrian Jones
I have had the same problem with another GE model and it was an intermittent optical sensor in the end.
2 members like this
Who's Online Now
1 members (Huw), 77 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Umaru Ayoub, Bumloka, Koots201, kevhewitt, Maxi
9,878 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,788
Posts72,565
Members9,877
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020