Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Thread Like Summary
Damola
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Thoughts on 'Remanufacturing Medical Devices' #75588 08/04/2020 9:15 AM
by Damola
Damola
Calling on Medical equipment experts and managers to assist with my Ph.D. research.

I am a Ph.D. Candidate working on improving the supply and availability of medical equipment through remanufacturing while, on the other hand, improving the sustainability of medical devices.

Remanufacturing refers to the process of returning a used item to a condition similar to that of new in terms of its performance and warranty. It is similar to conventional manufacturing except that it uses lesser raw materials, requires lesser energy, and generates lesser wastes.

I need the opinion and input of medical device experts on completing a questionnaire to rank their expectations and requirements when it comes to using a medical device. The term 'use' covers every aspect of your day to day interactions with medical devices.

I have a questionnaire which can't be shared on this post but can be sent privately to you if you like or make a comment on this post.

Thanks and I look forward.

Damola
Liked Replies
Re: Thoughts on 'Remanufacturing Medical Devices' #75595 Aug 4th a 11:35 AM
by Huw
Huw
Originally Posted by Damola
Hello, I couldn’t attach the .docx file to the thread. I assume sharing such file may be against the T&C. I am wrong, aren’t I?
No, it seems you weren't.
I blocked .docx files whilst working on something and forgot to allow it again.
Should be okay now.
1 member likes this
Re: Thoughts on 'Remanufacturing Medical Devices' #75602 Aug 4th a 03:12 PM
by Dustcap
Dustcap
A little bit off topic but also in the same spirit is what we have seen in regards to manufacturers hurrying to build ventilators.
My suggestion then was to allow "new manufacturers" to get blue prints of now unsupported devices. You are therefor recycling and saving a massive amount in time trying to reinvent the wheel. Had the likes of Dyson and the others had the blue prints under license for previous best sellers then i imagine we would be in a position to sell old models of ventilators to the rest of the world, rather than having something so new suddenly appear in the workshop and being asked to make it work, let alone the staff running them.
I agree that manufacturers should think outside of the box and move away sometimes from the status quo, but it has to be in their favor and with copyright protection.
I would be happy to look at your questionnaire.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
8 members (John Sandham, Angus, LeeH, Cri.c89, Geoff Hannis, Malcolm, Daniel Lewis, Huw), 670 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Christin, MJ2020, Gianluca, Ojo, Mohammed Kahlaa
9729 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,621
Posts71,830
Members9,729
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020