Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Thread Like Summary
Caro, Huw, John Sandham
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Experiences with Rip-Off-Manufacturers? #75641 09/01/2020 1:49 PM
by Caro
Caro
Hello,

I am researching for a potential article on the subject of 3rd party repair (for German television but I am still reseacrhing and trying to figure out if this can be a matter of public interest) and was wondering what to your people's experiences are the manufacturers that are least cooperative or overpriced when it comes to maintenance, repair or spare parts of medical equipment?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
Liked Replies
Re: Experiences with Rip-Off-Manufacturers? #75642 Sep 1st a 11:12 PM
by DaveC in Oz
DaveC in Oz
All, I think if anyone is going to reply to this post it should be by Private Message only. I think it unwise to reply in open forum.

Dave
3 members like this
Re: Experiences with Rip-Off-Manufacturers? #75645 Sep 2nd a 09:17 AM
by John Sandham
John Sandham
I think that the majority of manufacturers do not 'rip-off' Hospitals, but there are a small minority who could be accused of doing that (without naming and shaming - I agree with Dave).

Those that do overcharge, or will not provide technical training - service manuals - spare parts, can be easily identified and when it comes to buying new equipment, you can then (before buying) negotiate better terms, or even 'blacklist' the suppliers that won't play ball, through the buying department (Approved suppliers list).

If the playing field is laid out by both the buyer and the supplier, the relationship can be a co-operative arrangement, a partnership. and both parties benefit.
2 members like this
Re: Experiences with Rip-Off-Manufacturers? #75706 Oct 7th a 09:42 AM
by Moira
Moira
Before we buy anything we look at the total 7 to 10 year cost of ownership, including consumables, maintenance, parts and typical repair prices - this saves us from nasty surprises.
I would have thought most UK hospitals do this.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 532 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nguyen Trinh, bergeng, willis, Waqar Ali, Jean
9739 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,637
Posts71,903
Members9,739
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020