Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Thread Like Summary
Huw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by brompton
brompton
HI all

I'm sure that some of you out there will have the unfortunate experience of having been 'given' some VG70 ventilators by NHSE. Have you therefore also experienced the issues with the Oxygen cells?
We have had several ventilators where the cells have simply died or dont calibrate.
It appears that the response time of the cells that are installed is quite slow, to the extent that the ventilator starts alarming saying that the Oxygen concentration is not correct. This in turn worries the nurses who think that the Oxygen supply itself has an issue. I'm sure for some of you this could also be a problem.
Replacing the cells seems to make a bit of difference, but the response is still quite slow.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks

Richard
Liked Replies
by Dustcap
Dustcap
Hi Brompton
I too have had difficulties with these devices. Half of a delivery failed and the response from the supplier is somewhat lax considering the importance of these devices. The cells have been installed long ago hence why they need changing, but be aware that there are two different types of connector for the cells on this device should you receive anymore. I know that some trusts have used Viamed R-22 MED cells and this improved the readings a little. DD Scientific in Portsmouth also understand this problem and can help you if you call them directly. I would suggest that any users be aware that when i tested these devices at 60% O2, the test equipment was reading very much lower readings and i trust my analyser more than the VG70. The technical material is via various you tube clips and multiple links and not to the quality i would expect during a global pandemic. There is a lot to be said for our more established manufacturers of ventilator in terms of support and technical quality and resources.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
6 members (Huw, DTP, Dustcap, Rickycash, Geoff Hannis, Micle), 122 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Carl Read, DarrenRai, Arasli, qrzdx?, nealzal
9,883 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,793
Posts72,579
Members9,883
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020