Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Thread Like Summary
Huw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#76115 03/05/2021 12:26 PM
by Lindopski
Lindopski
With the demise of the likes of Harland and Simon is there an RFID system out there that you guys use and find reliable?
I hear B. Braun have released 'something' but I believe it is bluetooth based and likely tied to Infusomats and Perfusors etc.

lost equipment is a nuisance (and costly) and it would be great to get something in that does the job but there seems to be a bit of a porridge mix out there to choose from.
Passive,Active,wifi based, bespoke etc.
Liked Replies
#76116 Mar 5th a 01:37 PM
by Dustcap
Dustcap
One of my favorite topics! Harland Simon turned into Discovery which still provide RFID. There is also Lyngoesystems who are very advanced and provide some very bespoke solutions. Contact aja@lyngoesystems.com
Both companies normally attend the EBME conference.

If you have a "modern" wifi network within support then do look at active systems. But these active systems normally require triangulation so might be worth looking at any heat maps that your IT department can supply you. Other active systems require you to build a new network by placing Readers around the building-big expense if you already have a good wifi network but needs a bit of updates or investments.
Passive is cheap and the hand held readers are becoming better every year, also falls in line with the GS1 suggested way of working in the future.

My advice is you get several reps in and look at what suits the devices and processes rather than what looks the best. Every RFID supplier will tell you their system works, and it will on paper, but in the real world it comes down to users as ever.
Send me a PM if you ever want any more info.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
6 members (Howard, Huw, DTP, Dustcap, Rickycash, 1 invisible), 121 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Carl Read, DarrenRai, Arasli, qrzdx?, nealzal
9,883 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,793
Posts72,579
Members9,883
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020