Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Thread Like Summary
Geoff Hannis, John Sandham
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#76163 03/19/2021 12:16 AM
by Royal Perth Hosp
Royal Perth Hosp
Hi Everyone,
We are trialling Flukes OneQA and would like to get any opinions from other users.
We have been using Asur since its introduction with a full complement of Fluke
test gear and integration with ECRI AIMS with no problems.
Any feedback would be most apprciated.
Liked Replies
#76179 Mar 22nd a 06:49 AM
by Royal Perth Hosp
Royal Perth Hosp
Hi Geoff,
I've just looked at a OneQA test result and the extension is .mtr.
Looks like One QA still uses the Metron extensions
1 member likes this
#76308 May 11th a 04:45 PM
by Geoff Hannis
Geoff Hannis
Originally Posted by Howard
...you don't have to have a laptop with you to drive the device....
... this is the essential point to bear in mind when comparing the Datrend approach with others (especially Ansur). It's a practical (real world) consideration.

In short, vPad (Datrend) uses Android tablets to "drive the device" (test equipment), with "apps" to be installed depending upon which test equipment in being used (and which, if any, CMMS is to be linked to). In fact, you could say that the tablet is part of the test equipment (a situation that becomes obvious when you glance at the latest Datrend test equipment).

Whereas Ansur needs (uses) a "plug-in" (dedicated software) for each item of test equipment (electrical safety tester, NIBP tester etc.), vPad uses an "app".

I believe there is merit in both approaches. For instance, I like the "drag and drop" style of the Ansur template building "screen" - it's (what they call) "intuitive" (and has been that way from the very first Metron versions).

From the little I've seen so far of OneQA, it seems to be very PC - or large laptop - centric, and what we might call "document based".

Originally Posted by Howard
CMMS integration is difficult, but not impossible. It depends if you really think you need it ...
Yes; wise words.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Huw, Geoff Hannis), 84 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Umaru Ayoub, Bumloka, Koots201, kevhewitt, Maxi
9,878 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,788
Posts72,565
Members9,877
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020