Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Thread Like Summary
Huw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Philip Page
Philip Page
Hi

I'm looking at this post after writing it and realise its quite long - I hope I've not confused anyone there are so many points of interest to note - I think I've touched on most of them.

Not quite sure how to kick off this comment - so I'm just going to dive straight in.

The following database is in alpha testing at the moment - making progress slowly.. This is most of what is included.- damn I ramble....

We've been working on a database for about 18 months now and it was developed from a programme I worked on over ten years ago in a previous life and not finding any software that I could afford and/or do what I wanted it to do!!!

I've been creating a database (in SQL) that utilises Ansur for its testing environment and "backhauls" the data from the Ansur result file into the assets data - so, you can do year on year result comparison and asset result 'creep/decay' assessment.

The Biomed's will have a copy of the entire database sitting on their laptops running in a MySQL environment - so can be used offline, the database will synchronise to the mothership database when connection established or at a predetermined time. Yup, an SQL licence will be needed. Also, any other files generated outside of Ansur (ie log files) can be attached to the results.

Adding a new assets to the database - you create a manufacturer then assign models to that manufacturer, then when you add a new asset you select from a drop down of Manufacturers then a drop down of their assets.(this is probably not a big deal - but I've worked with databases where each assets manufacturer and model has to be entered for each asset).

Biomed's will use a 'Technicians view" to do their work - this is what the Biomed needs and is a "three foot' interface - from this view Biomed's can select an asset, review its details, update its conditional analysis details, then go to the linked Ansur test file - do the test sequence in this file (only tried Ansur 3.XX so far), once finished Ansur, add any notes/add any parts used, then finally print test labels (label for on unit and label for mains lead).
N.B. Biomed's can access the service/user/PDF notes from Technicians view as well.

Biomed Managers will have 'Managers view' and be able to create/add new clients data, new Manufacturers and/or Models and its associated risk category and link Ansur test file and estimated time to test, review Biomeds work. Review clients assets, set testing schedule, get client billing information and more.

The following Client views will be available via web view.

Clients User View - will give an over view of their areas asset with status and compliance (in or out of test %), an individual assets details with access to that unit user manual, and the ability to report that asset of repair or whatever.
Client Manager View - will give an over view of the assets with statuses and compliances for the areas they are responsible for, or an individual area, drill down to an individual asset, report on a group of assets in their area (say patient beds, or syringe drivers)
Client Over view - Pretty much as per Client Manager View, plus Conditional Analysis data.

Clients - from a single asset to a one Doctor surgery to Government owned hospitals can be created - once a client is created, the asset can be allocated to any location within that clients organisation via a (think Microsoft File Explorer) Tree view.

Full spare parts list is available (with multiple stores locations - i.e. main store, secondary store, XXX Car, YYY Car etc - movement of parts between stores and updating stores list via excel spreadsheet import. Any parts used in a repair/maintenance can then be assigned to the asset.

Repairs - we use a fault code and repair code as well as a free text field to record works done on an asset, so searching for faults history can easily be done. These codes are grouped into categories for ease of breaking what will be hundreds of codes into easily found groups.

Service manuals/User Manuals/homemade notes/PDF/Text notes /pictures can be added to any model.

Recall and end of life - any recall for a make/model can be entered as either just that model or against a serial number range. End of Life, end of manufacture, end of parts and end of support can all be noted and applied to the data.

Biomedical managers can assign work to Biomed's via a calendar app - and Biomed's can look up to see whats scheduled.

Reports of what was done on each clients site and billing report that can output to PDF/excel or in to (xero at the moment) is starting to work (we are in pre Alpha on this bit!!!)

Conditional Analysis is also a big part of the drive in this database and will enable clients to ascertain the condition of their entire fleet of assets and prioritise replacements due to Age, condition, imminent end of service life, ECRI risk level, business risk level - you get the idea!!!!

Phil
Liked Replies
by DaveC in Oz
DaveC in Oz
Don't know what the rules are in the UK and elsewhere but down this way (Aus/NZ) detachable mains cables need their own label which specifies not only test/next test date but the asset number of the device with which the cable was tested, that way you know where the test results are for earth resistance etc should the cable be moved to a different device, as often happens, and that device were to be involved in an incident.

Fixed mains cables do not require a separate label but we often do anyway out of habit as much as anything.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stargolf, Dustcap, Umi), 92 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
DarrenRai, Arasli, qrzdx?, nealzal, Umaru Ayoub
9,882 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,792
Posts72,576
Members9,882
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020