Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Thread Like Summary
Huw, John Sandham
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#76774 03/29/2022 4:17 PM
by brompton
brompton
Hi all

As you all know there is a terrible war going on in Ukraine, destroying much of the infrastructure including hospitals. We are going to be donating various items of Medical equipment and supplies through appropriate channels to try and help the situation.
What We are going to need to help support this is:
European mains leads, which you probably dont want anyway, so that equipment can be plugged in.
Any kind of wound vacuum systems that are still functional
Any kind of working rapid infusers
Any In date adult CVC multi-lumen catheters

If you think that you can help with any of this, or any other kit, do please call or email me.

Thanks
Richard Aldridge
Lead technologist, Royal London Adult Critical care
richard.aldridge1@nhs.net
tel 0203 59 40302
Liked Replies
#76826 May 16th a 02:13 PM
by brompton
brompton
Hi Geoff

In answer to your questions. Pretty well all of the kit we are giving away is kit we would have gotten rid of anyway to the usual hospital auctioneers. All of it is quite old, but is working and has been checked as working before we give it away. As far as possible we have also supplied all leads and accessories.

We have had donations of European mains leads and gas hoses from a couple of companies, so as far as we can the items can be used straight away

These items are being coordinated by one of our ITU consultants who is polish, and has contacts with Medical aid Ukraine. She has worked with this charity to ensure that we are donating items that are wanted.
I'm hoping that they get their act together soon, as we now have a large quantity of items, which will hopefully all go in one big truck.

I have no idea what their tech support is like, but thats not going to stop us making the effort. One Anaesthetist from Ukraine told me that the hospital she was working in is no longer there. I therefore think that anything we can give at 0 or minimal cost will be better than nothing at all.
2 members like this
#76816 May 10th a 08:40 AM
by Huw
Huw
Originally Posted by Geoff Hannis
Lastly, @Huw:- do we have any biomeds from Ukraine as members of this site? It would be nice to gain a feel for the "state of biomed" out there (even before the invasion).

39 members have listed their location as Ukraine.
1 member likes this
#76817 May 10th a 08:45 AM
by ariel dulay
ariel dulay
How are there fellow biomed at Ukraine? Praying you are all doing well.
1 member likes this
#76828 May 16th a 08:27 PM
by Geoff Hannis
Geoff Hannis
@Richard: thanks for the info.

It's a noble cause; no doubt about it.

Medical Aid Ukraine

The UMAUK Facebook page is also an interesting place to keep an eye on. Lots of folk looking for advice and (or) help, plus links to other groups etc.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
3 members (Malcolm, JohnBad, Huw), 89 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Neilsonc, Fran2612, Daniela Renée, markwestby, dzeb
9,981 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,864
Posts72,878
Members9,981
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020