Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Thread Like Summary
Teflon
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#41243 10/10/2009 6:13 AM
by Umi
Umi
Which Biomed on the EBME forum has serviced the longest time in the Magic Kingdom?
Liked Replies
#42043 Nov 13th a 01:14 PM
by Geoff Hannis
Geoff Hannis

As I have mentioned on here before, the grub at KHMC was so grim* that even I couldn't face it. I still have this vision of a couple of roughly butchered goat's knees (grey in colour) floating around in greasy, luke warm water (although the rice wasn't quite so bad). As I recall, only the "breakfast" was any good. Wasn't it a glass of hot milk, with a small round of toast and jam - or am I getting that mixed up with some other place (which is quite likely)? Tony can confirm that we used to survive through regular visits to the "coffee shops"!

Does anyone know of any Brit biomed "of a certain age" who did not have a go at KHMC?

Meanwhile, here is another name to be reckoned with:- Brendan Cairney!

But, what I really want to know is this:- what became of Alan Martin? The last time I saw Alan myself would have been in the office at Southall, sometime in the late 1980's (I would need to stop to work out a more exact date).

For the record (as they say), the best hospital grub I have ever encountered was the daily fayre dished up at the KKNGH Jeddah - back in the "early days"! As I'm sure Terry Horton would be happy to confirm. smile

* Mind you, it wasn't exactly "the Ritz" at King Saud Hospital, Onaiza, either!
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
3 members (DaveC in Oz, Philip Page, Huw), 87 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jabulani, BioCookie, Aleksandr.Deniso, hoanggb6015, One+
9,816 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,719
Posts72,331
Members9,816
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020