Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Thread Like Summary
Teflon
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Sean Fearon
Sean Fearon
Is it me? Or have I noticed a definite trend towards what was once considered to be senior positions / duties within the EBME world being advertised a Band or two below Agenda for Change agreed job profiles.
Also the introduction of "Senior Assistant Technical posts" at very low bandings.

Whereas we have experienced (on the whole) the good times when the valuable role we undertake had been recognised (AFC!) and rewarded, current vacant roles are either not being filled, or they are advertised below what I would consider to be a fair and equitable salary.

In some cases, financial constraints (NHS), and in the private sector prudent business skills dictate these changes; I find this trend somewhat disheartening. When trying to attract young, talented, new blood into this employment sector, it will become increasingly difficult to fill these posts with the calibre of employee we need.

Also for those in our field who wish to advance their careers, (I take on board any comments from Geoff, yes mate! some are quite happy as they are) opportunities are somewhat limited, if not non-existent. Remuneration used to be commensurate with increased responsibility.

It would appear that in these difficult times, we may be failing to attract the best in what is a very competitive marketplace.
Liked Replies
by Geoff Hannis
Geoff Hannis

Oh yes! IAL Medical Services ... Alan Martin et al. Remember the offices at Southall? And then my friend Emad El-Dukair (DIAL). Remember the offices in Riyadh? For reasons that I can't really go into here (but you may guess at "internal politics") I was persona non grata there. Remember the "High-Tech Team"? There's a laugh for you! frown

And how about Mo Powell and "Global"?

Another that comes to mind include MTAS of MAMISS ("Helmsman") fame. Another saga (just ask Tony Dowman).

No "Current Vacancies" I'm afraid, as none have lasted the course as far as I am aware, Bill. Time, and opportunity, marches on! smile

But meanwhile, how about a Roll of Honour for those who have worked for IAL at any time:-

Ian Dickson
George Titterington
Tony Patel
Tony Dowman
(myself)
Warren Hills (sadly departed)
Irvin Clarke (also departed)
Tony Johnson
Peter Shephard
Terry Horton

... to name but a few!
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
3 members (DaveC in Oz, Philip Page, Huw), 87 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jabulani, BioCookie, Aleksandr.Deniso, hoanggb6015, One+
9,816 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,719
Posts72,331
Members9,816
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020