EBME Forums
Posted By: Dave Stretton Invitation to join IPEM - 21/08/02 10:20 AM
Has anyone who is already a member of the Voluntary Register of Clinical Technologists had an invitation to join IPEM.
I had the forms sent through and they are exactly the same as the ones I filled out before to join VRCT.
Would it not be possible to give an updated CV of training, responsibility etc since joining VRCT and have it proposed by 2 Members instead of filling more forms out plus 4 copies CV, 4 copies of application forms etc.
I am no tree hugger but the rain forests in south america must be getting smaller!
Anyone got any views on this.
Posted By: Jim Methven Re: Invitation to join IPEM - 21/08/02 12:08 PM
The Voluntary Register of Clinical Technologists is jointly supported by IPEM, IIE and ART and as such stands alone as an semi-autonomous entity. Although the Voluntary Register of Clinical Technologists is administered by IPEM its data is held separately from that of the IPEM membership and is not shared.

A similar question was asked recently in relation to those who were members of IIE wishing to join the Register. The answer remains the same - all applications to join IPEM (and I am sure the IIE and ART) are judged on completely different criteria, are assessed by a different organisation from that of the Voluntary Register, and, as such, need to be made on a separate application form.

Jim Methven
Registrar, Voluntary Register of Clinical Technologists
© EBME Forums: Biomedical and Clinical Engineering Discussion Forums.