EBME Forums
Posted By: TEMI14 Connecting the pieces - 15/08/19 1:22 PM
My fujufilm fcr XG5000 system recently crashed, im sure its software/configuration issue from the service utility section, i have some software from the last user which i cannot get hold of and also option key cd's but i need a consice step by step guide to reinstalling the system and setting IP's to link reader and console. Rght now console advance will crash after like 3 error pops up. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Geoff Hannis Re: Connecting the pieces - 15/08/19 4:06 PM

Before you start delving into the (potentially, at least) murky waters of re-installing software, why not try to establish what the fault actually is, or is likely to be.

Assuming that the system worked OK before (and you have seen it working) ... what has happened to upset it since? Has there been an interruption of mains power recently, for example?

And, what messages do those error pop-ups convey? think

Who knows; the problem could be something at the Console Advance end ... or even (lack of) communication between the Console and the Plate Reader (XG5000).

Meanwhile, the service manual for the earlier FCR 5000 version is available on line. Unusually for modern manuals, it is quite detailed (23 Meg .pdf). It was revised in 2005, but I'm not sure it would be any use for the XG5000.
Posted By: TEMI14 Re: Connecting the pieces - 16/08/19 2:19 AM
Ok thanks for the response, i must have upset it by installing some option key CDs i was provided with, which then took off the console, then the only error message was "application key is not installed" at this stage the reader had displayed ''cr console communication error" first problem, so i decided to install the application key, the console came up working, but still no established communication between cr and console, then i accessed the service utility section following the service manual i made some changes, ip's,, restoring some backup configuration i met in the harddrive from previous user just to get it back to a state before it got to me, it got worse with 3 more errors popping up and console crashing after few seconds of not opening.
Errors: "RE10094 failed in initialization", "ME50613 failed in Initialization of media list error", QA10001 an error occured, QA10011 an error occured, QA00002 failed in initialization.
Posted By: Geoff Hannis Re: Connecting the pieces - 16/08/19 9:18 AM

Assuming that your service manual is as detailed as the one for the FCR 5000, you must be aware that these systems are pretty complex; with many settings held in configuration files.

I can only suggest that you get the XG5000 going as a stand-alone unit first (is this possible?); then the Console; and then linked together.

All I can add is:- Good Luck! smile
Posted By: TEMI14 Re: Connecting the pieces - 16/08/19 12:10 PM
Ok i will try on that, and thanks for the good luck wish.
© EBME Forums: Biomedical and Clinical Engineering Discussion Forums.