EBME Forums
Posted By: aghakhani zoll m series - 15/01/11 8:54 AM
hi every body
i have a defibrillator zoll m series that display error " test bridge failed"
in service manual wrote to change bridge board or HV module,
but i should repair it.
i found 3 IGBT that ruined and i changed them, and i tested other part on bridge board but i didn't any broken part.
the HV module is sealed with a material like clear glue that i cant open it for repairing. have any body seen this problem ever?
please help me
for direct contact my email is: s.aghakhani@gmail.com
thanks
Posted By: Nimish.P Re: zoll m series - 15/01/11 12:02 PM
Hi Aghakhani,

Just a suggestion whatever you do, make sure the HV Module does not contain any kind of charge, use a HV Probe. I will let you other details as soon as i find out.

Posted By: aghakhani Re: zoll m series - 15/01/11 1:35 PM
hi Nimish
according to your suggestion, what do i do? is HV have any rest charge? should it be discharged? please tell me more brother.
Posted By: Nimish.P Re: zoll m series - 18/01/11 7:21 AM
What i meant was get a HV Probe, check if that HV has charge now if it does have charge like few thousand volts.. than you need to discharge that stuff either by professional discharge kits, there are few risky options to discharge it as well but you try find proper way.
Posted By: shijith Re: zoll m series - 28/01/11 2:27 PM
With hot air blower heat the glue and try to remove it it will come out after doing service u want to apply new glue to the board
regards
shijith
Posted By: aghakhani Re: zoll m series - 20/02/11 5:01 AM
Originally Posted By: shijith
With hot air blower heat the glue and try to remove it it will come out after doing service u want to apply new glue to the board
regards
shijith

dear friend
did you melt that glue before?
Posted By: Drhasham09 Re: zoll m series - 21/02/11 12:32 PM
Hi Brother Aghakhani

It seems to be that you do not have expereince or proper training on defib or HV side.. It is dangerous to do the job without any knowledge on safety issues.. this is not a handyman job..careful do not put patient and your life at risk..Sorry may be I am wrong or harsh on this topic..

My suggestion is to forum administrator need to more closer look on this type of topics and advices going through this forum to prevent incidents..
Posted By: ariel dulay Re: zoll m series - 22/02/11 11:14 AM
send him a tutorial video regarding that matter.soon he will not for get you. smile
Posted By: shijith Re: zoll m series - 24/02/11 8:30 AM
u have to discharge the hv capacitor first using discharging kit.then u heat it will not melt at the time of heating u can remove it with a knife.if u r scared dontgo for it
© EBME Forums: Biomedical and Clinical Engineering Discussion Forums.