EBME Forums
Posted By: Speero Philips Heartstart XL defib - 04/07/11 9:04 AM
Hi all, hope somebody can help. We have a couple of Hearstart XLs that during routine maintenance it was discovered that the volume of all the audio tones and voice prompt was really low at switch on compared to other units. The audio was clear enough with no interference just really quiet. Volume buttons did not seem to help. Has anybody encountered this before?
Posted By: rani Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 04/07/11 9:33 AM
Yes we have. We just replaced new speakers for the unit.
Posted By: yuye Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 04/07/11 10:26 AM
Hi
If necessary I can provide you with a copy of service manual
yuye
Posted By: Speero Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 04/07/11 12:10 PM
Thanks rani, that was my first plan but thought I'd check in case there was something in the settings I had missed.

yuyt, thanks for the offer but I have a copy, unfortunately the troubleshooting only covers distorted or no sound.
Posted By: Jonathan Wells Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 04/07/11 3:23 PM
I have had the same fault with one of ours recently - all I had to do was to replace the speaker, it's an easy job!
Posted By: bcarlisle Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 05/07/11 10:18 AM
We have had the distorted sound and it was down to the staff thinking the speaker cover was a button which they pressed regularly until it damaged the speaker. We have changed a number of the covers here as they were perishing.
Posted By: Speero Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 05/07/11 10:40 AM
Thanx all, have a couple of speakers on order so will keep you posted.
Posted By: Speero Re: Philips Heartstart XL defib - 15/07/11 8:58 AM
First speaker fitted and problem solved, many thanx to those who offered advice.
© EBME Forums: Biomedical and Clinical Engineering Discussion Forums.