EBME Forums

ITU Ventilators

Posted By: Neoteny

ITU Ventilators - 04/01/18 9:05 AM

Morning, we currently use Purritan Bennet 840s and 980s.

Looking at possibly changing.

Could you guys and gals let me know what you have and work with.
Posted By: Topper

Re: ITU Ventilators - 05/01/18 9:42 AM

Although I'm no longer in ITU, we had Maquet Servoi. We have some still in paediatrics for which I am partly responsible for. They are extremely reliable and very low maintenance. PPM is a doddle. The built in Pre-use test is also the complete post repair / service test procedure and takes 2-3 minutes.
Posted By: micknand

Re: ITU Ventilators - 12/01/18 4:27 PM

We had Drager Evita 2 Dura and 4 vents that were very reliable. Following a replacement project last year we have introduced the Hamilton S1 ventilator to our ICU.

Mick
Posted By: exitwound

Re: ITU Ventilators - 22/01/18 4:33 PM

Originally Posted by Topper
Although I'm no longer in ITU, we had Maquet Servoi. We have some still in paediatrics for which I am partly responsible for. They are extremely reliable and very low maintenance. PPM is a doddle. The built in Pre-use test is also the complete post repair / service test procedure and takes 2-3 minutes.

We used to have them, total nightmare! Constantly failing requiring main boards and software uploaded. The nebuliser driver was a frequent fail and as it was part of the above, big bucks to repair. The patient circuits kept failing too.

Then, we bought Drager Evita XL's and the phones stopped ringing at last! No faults, very basic pm once a year. Sorted..
Posted By: Steveddie

Re: ITU Ventilators - 24/04/18 7:24 PM

V500 seem to float our folks icu boats. Once you get past the lack of meaningful error messages, need for everything insightful to come in slow time from Germany. Loved evita’s though.
Posted By: Moira

Re: ITU Ventilators - 08/05/18 11:18 AM

We moved from Servo-is to Hamilton G5s a few years ago, for Paeds. One deciding factor was the Heliox feature, which is easy to use than on other vents.
Very happy with them, they work well from small babies to adult patients. Users have no problems, no major faults have shown up, good company support. And you can get cheap disposable expiratory valves, unlike the £800 autoclaveable block in the Servo-i.
© 2019 EBME Forums: Biomedical and Clinical Engineering Discussion Forums.