EBME Forums
Posted By: MattC81 3rd Party Agency Staff Providers - 20/06/22 2:03 PM
Hi

We are looking to getting a 3rd party agency to supply us with an engineer for around 3 months to work through our PPM backlog.

I have contacted Key Health and Avensys but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using 3rd parties to fill recruitment gaps and If you have any recommended companies.

We are based in the North West.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Geoff Hannis Re: 3rd Party Agency Staff Providers - 20/06/22 6:57 PM
Sadly, my own favourites are no longer trading.

But, have you considered using 3x or so NHS "holiday makers" (and "busman holidays", at that)? At least that way you would know what (who) you are getting (easy to check out beforehand). Probably cheaper that way, too.

Otherwise, you might also come across a retired tech who wouldn't mind doing a few months "just for old times' sake" (and no, I'm not volunteering myself).

Either way, may I suggest that you should be thinking in terms of the "bloke" ... rather than the "company". In short, you want someone who will stay the course over three months of "PM" (without much supervision, I'm guessing).
Posted By: MattC81 Re: 3rd Party Agency Staff Providers - 21/06/22 7:43 AM
Hi Geoff

We have considered advertising for a part time or bank Engineer but we are hoping to be back to full strength in 3-6 months, the recruitment process for a new bank position would probably take the same time.
© EBME Forums: Biomedical and Clinical Engineering Discussion Forums.