It used to be that our trust allowed you to travel during the normal working day to attend manufacturers training courses (these are courses that we have been told to go on, not of our choice) but they have now decided that all travelling must be done in your own time - so if I have a course in the SE and it takes 3hrs to get there, tough; you either have to do a full day’s work and then drive down or you can leave mid-afternoon but you are expected to make that time back up over the month - this is especially annoying if you are on holiday the day prior to going on the course or it's the weekend.
Also we have to apply for study leave to attend these courses (which again I reiterate that we have been told to go on, no choice in the matter) - my understanding of study leave (and my late wife's, who was a HR manager (non-NHS)) is that it is usually used for courses that you ask to be sent on (say day release for doing a degree in Electronics - my choice, so I have to apply and have it approved) and that's why you have to apply, not those that you are deemed to be sent on by management.
I just wondered what other trusts were like regarding this? - The study leave isn't such a big deal, it’s probably some fiddle to make the trust training stats look good but really it's just another layer of unnecessary bureaucracy, but the travelling to courses (that I have been told to go on) in my own time really irks and makes me really resentful of going on courses in the first place.

Course travel time
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 24/04/19 6:57 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide 'til it goes away.