Job Title: Radiology Maintenance Technician
Contracted Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hours
Shift Pattern: Flexible (may include occasional weekends and bank holidays)
Salary: £35,000 per annum + on call allowance
Location: East Kent
Driving License: Essential
2gether Support Solutions is a new, wholly owned subsidiary company of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (EKHUFT). The Trust established the company so that core facilities and support services can continue to be operated successfully with the added benefits that a private sector culture and approach can bring to enhancing and developing these services. The company remains 100% publicly owned, with the Trust as the only shareholder.
What does the role look like?
Your role will involve working as part of a team maintaining Radiology medical equipment across the Trust. You will liaise and work closely with other healthcare professionals, manufacturers’ representatives, engineers and technical staff to provide applications advice, device evaluation, acceptance testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance of a diverse range of Radiology devices & diagnostic ultrasound.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working under pressure (with clinical staff and patients waiting) to safely repair complex X-Ray, diagnostic ultrasound and medical equipment that has failed during use
- Carry out repairs to intricate medical equipment/ X-Ray and Diagnostic ultrasound, utilising best engineering practice
- provide extensive support for the most complex medical devices primarily first line maintenance on mobile & fixed X-Ray systems, Diagnostic ultrasound and Mammography vans
- Use technical and clinical experience to identify potentially hazardous symptoms and faults when in clinical areas or in talking to clinical staff
- Organise, prioritise and control work using own initiative, without managerial input. during on-call at night and the weekend & Bank holidays
- Support the Radiology maintenance lead and EME site leads on sites other than main base as required and often with short notice
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- BEng / BSc in Engineering or Physical Science or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Extensive knowledge of the clinical application, operation and maintenance of a wide range of complex X-Ray, Diagnostic ultrasound and specialist medical devices
- Highly developed knowledge of engineering theory necessary to efficiently diagnose and rectify faults on complex X-Ray, Diagnostic Ultrasound and specialist medical devices.
- Advanced electronic engineering skills
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Good customer relations and interpersonal skills
Why work for us?
We offer a range of excellent benefits including:
- Enhancement for weekend working
- 25 days annual leave
- Structured career pathway and progression opportunities
Apply online today or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8333 for more information.
2gether Support Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.