Clinical engineers looking at how hospitals can use technology efficiently to tackle patient backlogs are invited to take part in an interactive workshop hosted by Mindray UK at the next Northern Region Medical Device Management Group (NRMDMG) meeting on 19th October 2023.
The group is a grass roots movement of like-minded clinical engineers who want to share best practice and collaborate with clinical leaders. With support from peers, members can ensure that healthcare providers across the public and private sectors adopt and implement new technologies effectively.
The session will focus on the current bed and capacity challenges within secondary care, specifically the move to virtual wards in primary care to alleviate these pressures and how technology can be used as an enabler whilst also helping to manage the clinical risk.
The workshop is designed to equip teams with the building blocks to integrate devices and optimise data flows so clinical teams can work with confidence. It will cover:
- Virtual Wards and wearable technologies
- Integration and connectivity of primary to secondary care systems
- Secondary care patient EWS dashboards and data management
- Device integration and auto charting systems to:
- Device Manager enabling Medical Device traceability and uptime data.
- Total Hospital Solution.
- Reduce clinical transcription errors
- Releasing clinical time for increased patient contact.
- Real time charting data.
In addition to Mindray’s workshop, there will also be expert presentations from NRMDMG members:
- Benchmarking - Joe Emmerson, Technical Manager, Manchester University Foundation Trust
- Lessons learned through Covid - Stuart Eccles, Head of Clinical Engineering, Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Planning to Reality: Retirement Experiences - Dave Guymer, Former Head of Medical Device Management Services, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The NRMDMG meeting is taking place on 19th October 2023, 9.30am - 5.00pm at the Holiday Inn Brigg House, HD6 4HW.