Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rob1234 Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Guys,

We have just sent our remaining Datex Ohmeda Care Plus Incubator for auction and have been having a clear out of our spares cupboard. We have service/user manuals and various spares available (seals,gaskets,fan kits,mattress etc) and the parts are all NOS (new old stock).
A couple of notes: These spares can only to be supplied to UK addresses (NHS can't afford international postage!) and pick up from Manchester would be preferred.

Preference will be given to other NHS Trusts or CHARITABLE organizations.

If anybody is interested then please PM me with some details - we will take requests up until the end of the month (30th Sep 07) and then make a decision as to who gets them.
I can also send you the definitive stock list if required if you PM me your email address.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide 'til it goes away.
Super Hero
Super Hero
Interesting terminology, there, Rob. "NOS (new old stock)" is one that I haven't come across before. Can I assume it refers to unused "as-new" parts that are no longer needed (eg, because the equipment they relate is no longer on dependency [not on inventory])? smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Master
Master
Rob I have to ask...

Why did you not bundle all the left over parts/manuals etc with the last incubators sent for auction? This would have been of great benifit to whoever buys them and would probably have upped their auction value slightly. We try to do this with any obsolete item that is sent for auction and it is usually greatly appreciated especially when the units are destined for far away places. smilewink

Just a thought... smile John

There are things that are known and there are things that are unknown. In-between there are doors.
Super Hero
Super Hero
We're with you all the way on that one, John (...glad it was you who said it, though). wink

How about we make a list of recommended standard policies and publish them right here on the forum?

And make the one you've just mentioned as Policy No.1? smile

Rob1234 Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: John Stewart
Why did you not bundle all the left over parts/manuals etc with the last incubators sent for auction?

Yep, probably would have been a good idea, but when I say we have just sent it off for auction I mean we sent it off on a spur of the moment type thingy three months ago on the day the auctioneers were due to turn up and we have just come across the box of spares while trying to reclaim some space back in our stock cupboard smilewink

I'd rather see these go to a good home than into the bin.

Geoff - NOS - means just what you guessed and used widely in relation to car parts (restoration)

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide 'til it goes away.
Super Hero
Super Hero
... and from now on in relation to medical equipment parts (restoration)!

Whatever you do, Mate, please don't bin those parts and manuals. frown

While I'm on, I'm a bit intrigued about what's going on here. How do you account for this stuff? Can NHS hospitals simply pass stuff like this on to other NHS hospitals, then? Or to third parties, like charities? Can you just give it away (or just bin it, for that matter), free of charge? Bearing in mind that the tax-payer supposedly footed the bill in the first place, isn't there a procedure whereby the Exchequer gets some sort of return?

I assume that when stuff goes to auction, the monies generated return to the Trust concerned. So, shouldn't all surpluses be auctioned-off as a matter of course?

The Armed Forces used to store stuff in aircraft hangars (typically) and prepare it for auction. The proceeds were returned to the Public Purse (eventually). They couldn't just pass it around between units, sell it themselves, bin it, or simply give it away. Stuff had to "sent back", as it were. Everything was accounted for. Doesn't the NHS have some sort of Returned Stores system, or am I missing something here? smile

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 11/09/07 7:36 PM. Reason: Minor snafu.

Master
Master
Originally Posted By: Geoff Hannis

I assume that when stuff goes to auction, the monies generated return to the Trust concerned. So, shouldn't all surpluses be auctioned-off as a matter of course?

Thats exactly what happens here Geoff. All old equipment, spares and manuals go to auction and the revenue is returned to the Trust.

There are things that are known and there are things that are unknown. In-between there are doors.
Super Hero
Super Hero
Better make that Policy No.2, then! smile

Novice
Novice
We are biomed in Thailand
these units(care plus) still in use here and at least for a few years more.
I will be glad to have service manual and NOS parts
I can support cost of shipment

Jean-Marc

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ronan), 425 guests, and 548 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
diodoled, Al BMET, Eng_VPG, Graham Oliver, Jawad
10,188 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,069
Posts73,773
Members10,188
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020