We currently do not pay but the trust is bringing in a charge of £5 per week or £260 per year. They will also be rationing permits but no one is guaranteed a parking space, unless you are a consultant of course. The council have agreed to increase the restrictions in parking on the roads near the hospital and have just recently announced that these roads will be actively targeted by traffic wardens. We operate a flexi-time system which means that we can start work as late as 10:00 if we want, the problem is that the car parks are full by at least 8:30. If we want to start work later than 8:30 it will be almost impossible to arrive by car even though we need to use the car for work.
Sorry, I've gone into rant mode. I'ts one thing after another here. I'm sure the rest of the NHS is just the same, at least we have no redunancies yet.