You know what, I think I’ll go it alone on this issue. As Topper mentions I think the unions sold there members down the river on the initial agreement to go with this AFC issue. Union members were being asked to vote for a situation that they did not know if they were going to win or lose on, and everyone I spoke to who had the vote said NO. The unions pressurised their members into accepting this scheme and there was no Plan B if there was a NO vote. It was an absolute disgrace the way union members were treated on this issue.

Geoff’s right though, it is a dog eat dog situation, but to be fair, working in the NHS is not the cut throat business you most certainly find on the dark side and which I had the mispleasure of experiencing for several years. The company I was in was poorly managed, and I found it quite sickening some of the arrogant, malevolent conduct from work “colleagues”. Maybe I was unlucky but every time I watch the lunatic behaviour of the candidates on Alan Sugars Apprentice programme it kind of reminds me of my time on the Dark side. I would only ever consider being self employed if I ever leave the NHS. Anyway enough of this, I better go and prepare my appeal.