Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#16423 25/05/04 9:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23
Stew,
You may not realise this but you are one of the members we have all been trying to get into touch with, i.e. A medical technician in an early implimentor site.
Two questions if I may.
What is your trust and are you happy!!!! with
your grading?
Thanks,
Tony.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 200
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 200
confused Tony I can't answer question one but I think I can take a good stab at question two. I was getting paid £24,000 plus and I now they are telling me I am worth £18,700 max. Eh no I am not happy. Surely doesn't take a lot of working out.


Assimilated at last...
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 235
Likes: 1
BSM Offline
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 235
Likes: 1
bill_mcg

Are you saying that your Trust have told you that you will be placed in band 4? Or are you assuming that because Stew has been told that he will be placed in band 4, that you will too?

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 200
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 200
rolleyes My apologies to you BSM. I have a warped sense of humor at the best of times (just ask my boss)I was attempting to answer on behalf of the mysterious Stew. It seems obvious to me that he isn't too happy about his banding. As for this Trust I don't think anything they do any more can surprise me. I have my reservations about the people who are involved in AFC here.


Assimilated at last...
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31
Visionary
Offline
Visionary
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31
Bill

Here in Scotland I have it on good authority that your pay is protected for life (apparently England is a different matter - 5 yrs). This is fine if you intend to stay in your current job and role until retirement rolleyes

So we seem to face two problems - stagnancy caused by people unable to change jobs, and no ability to recruit new staff because the wages are going to be comparatively rubbish. Where will the madness end confused

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 391
Sage
Offline
Sage
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 391
What the "good authority" forgot to tell you Ron is that their solution is to employ contract killers to go around assasinating Scottish Biomeds 4 years and 11 months into their new deal laugh and then to go around and employ all those cheap English/Welsh/Irish/johnny foreigner lot at a greatly reduced rate rolleyes


Why worry, Be happy!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31
Visionary
Offline
Visionary
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31
laugh laugh laugh

Probably not that far from the truth!

Have Unison still to vote on the subject? Will it make any difference at all if Unison say no but RCN say yes? How did that happen anyway? The whole thing would appear to be geared to nurses first, and pretty much everyone else second, and the nurses aren't even getting that good a deal!!

confused confused confused

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 44
Technologist
Offline
Technologist
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 44
Sorry for the "bitty" messages i'm posting lads but it is going off a bit up here. I'll have more info in the next few days after union meetings,etc. It is slightly more comforting to know that we are certainly not the only ones who are suffering tho!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say we all throw the towel in until we get some sense from the DOH. Hospitals run on medical equipment - they're stuffed without it.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
Super Hero
Offline
Super Hero
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
THEN AS NOW?

We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form into teams, we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while only producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralization. – Petronius Arbiter writing in 66 AD (…and probably one of the very first biomeds).


If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11,937 guests, and 143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,281
Posts74,584
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5