Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#19402 10/11/03 3:13 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 149
Likes: 2
Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 149
Likes: 2
Could any Mac owners out there recommend a good IP for broadband? Most people we know use PCs.

A bit of surfing shows Gio, Demon, BT and Virgin support Macs; any recommendations or warnings about them? Or other ideas?

Thanks all,
Moira

#19403 10/11/03 10:32 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 17
Novice
Offline
Novice
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 17
Hi

I am a Mac user of many years and have a demon dial up account. I intend to get a demon broadband account as soon as my line is suitable ( to much loss for present equipment ) The good thing about demon is that you talk to a mac specialist when you call the support deck with problems. In the past they have sorted out any problems I had, and its a local rate call

steve

#19404 12/11/03 2:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 149
Likes: 2
Moira Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 149
Likes: 2
Thanks, Steve, that sounds good.

Moira

#19405 12/11/03 5:39 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 35
Visionary
Offline
Visionary
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 35
I am a PC user, but my wife is a MAC user so I have to provide suport to her on our home network, which is connected to Telewest Blueyonder Broadband, and I have had to call them once about settings on the MAC when we were dialup and they struggled, but did find someone, but to be honest since going broadband via network card, if you can support a pc network then the MAC is no problem especially now with OSX, which is unix based/inspired. The old days of MACs being so different are almost gone as Microsoft have used all the good bits from Apple in windows. I have had trouble getting wireless networking on the MAC, but due to being scarce hardware rather than software problems. Also being a MAC it dosnt suffer the BSOD that pcs do anyway.
Gary


Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 7,901 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,280
Posts74,583
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5