Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Dear Chandana,

I am trying to communicate with a Philips IntelliVue monitor (MP70) through MIB/RS232 port. I am in the first step and I am going to do that by MATLAB.
Do you have any program for generating the related commands (in MATLAB or any other software) which could help me to start? (At least a program for CRC-CCITT algorithm)
I have the "DATA EXPORT INTERFACE PROGRAMMING GUIDE FOR INTELLIVUE PATIENT MONITOR" with bare code: 4512 610 30231. It does not have any complete command examples.

Any help from other guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Hasan
hasan@case.edu

Recruitment / Jobs
Advertise your jobs with EBME
Adept
Adept
Hi Hasan,

Sorry for the late reply - I just got back after vacation.

What you are attempting to do might not be possible via MATLAB alone, since the MATLAB language does not have enough flexibility to write an MIB client (I am no expert on MATLAB, so I may be mistaken). You may have to write a client as a C++ library, which you could then reference from MATLAB.

The programming guide does have a basic example of a client in C++ at the end.

Could you let me know which software release your MP70 is at? Then I may be able to recommend the version of the programming guide that goes with that particular SW release. Once you provide the info, I'll contact you at your case.edu address to see how we can get the appropriate guide to you.

Finally, if you are not dead-set on using MATLAB for signal capture and analysis, there are other signal capture/analysis packages out there, which already have an IntelliVue data client built in. One example is the ixTrend application from iXellence (just do a web search using keywords ixtrend and ixellence and you will find them). iXtrend allows you to capture waveforms and numeric data from IntelliVue monitors using MIB protocol via RS232 or LAN, store them in a database, and export to a few supported formats (I am not sure if MATLAB formats are supported). You can also use the signal analysis software from iXellence (called DataPlore) to analyze the signals captured via iXtrend.

Please note that iXellence is a 3rd party manufacturer; iXtrend, DataPlore and iXellence are trademarks of iXellence GmbH and that this post does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of iXellence GmbH or their products (our lawyers make us write this stuff).

Chandana Samaranayake MD

Chandana Samaranayake is an employee of Philips Healthcare.
All comments made on this forum are made on a personal capacity, and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

As per FDA guidelines on on-line communication, please note that the Intended Use of a Philips IntelliVue product is as stated in the Instructions for Use document.
Hello Chandana,

Thank you so much for your response.
I got your response very late, because I checked the forum for couple days after my question, and since I did not see any response I did not come back to the page for a while.

We are going to have a real time data stream in MATLAB to do some analysis on it. In last weeks, I could make the basic communication with the monitor in MATLAB and now we can get the data stream in MATLAB. Now, I have some problems with parsing the data. The user manual in not completely clear for me, so I have some problems with the data structures. Right now, I am trying to pars the wave data (and also numeric data) which I got from the monitor. I have some detail questions in this regard. I would be so appreciated if you can do any help in this regard.

Thanks,
-Hasan
(hasan@case.edu)

Adept
Adept
Hi Hasan,

I have sent you a mail via my Philips email address. Let's see what we can do to help your project.

Chandana Samaranayake MD

All comments made on this forum are made on a personal capacity, and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

As per FDA guidelines on on-line communication, please note that the Intended Use of a Philips IntelliVue product is as stated in the Instructions for Use document.
18D Offline
Dear Chandana
I have develop an ICU physiological data adquisition software for research purposes under VB.net / C++,for different sources of bedside monitoring equipments, includying mechanical ventilators(Dragger and Maquette),cardiac output(Edwards, Abbott) etc. I would like to obtain the DATA EXPORT INTERFACE PROGRAMMING GUIDE FOR INTELLIVUE PATIENT MONITOR.I have availability of Philips MP60 bedside monitor

Thanks in advance

Emilio Renes

emiliorenes@gmail.com

Last edited by 18D; 06/08/12 5:46 PM.
I too am having trouble with the IntelliVue communication protocol. I have no issues with the CRC -- code I had used in the past. However, the I have not been able to make any real progress with the rest of the protocol, even the simplest Association Request Message. Their are no useful examples in the Data Export Programming Interface. If anyone can offer any help at all, I would appreciate it.

Adept
Adept
Hi Emilio and Rich,

Sorry, I missed your posts since I didn't log in to the forum in a while. Could each of you please send me a private message on this forum giving me the name of your hospital and your work email address? I will get you the help you need.

PS: unfortunately, Philips policy does not allow us to send programming guides or other customer facing material to web mail addresses. So I need your work email addresses. Thank you for your understanding.

Chandana Samaranayake MD

Savant
Savant
Hello Hasan,
I wanted to discuss with you about the interface you are trying to achieve. Let me know how I can contact you to discuss it over the phone.
Thanks

Savant
Savant
Hello Chandana,
I hope you had a wonderful new year. I was wondering if you could help me out please.\
I am trying to communicate with a Philips IntelliVue MP70-Anesthesia through the LAN network port. The sw and hw release on the IntelliVue MP70
Software revision: D.00.58
Hardware revision: B.00.18

Unfortunately this version does not support LAN ip configuration. The minimum revision has to be H.

My question is how can I access the waveform and numerical from the LAN network port of the MP70 monitor. We will be writing the program in C++.

I would appreciate your wisdom in this important matter.

Thanks
Tim Rajah

Adept
Adept
Hello Tim,

The first step you should take is to upgrade the MP70 to rev J.10. With your current revision, the LAN data export was not implemented, so there is no way to get data out of LAN. Once you upgrade to the latest revision, this should work as expected. Your HW revision is capable of supporting J.10.

Once the SW upgrade has been made, you can follow the directions on the Programmers guide: create the handshake, create an extended poll request and start polling the device.

If you run in to specific issues, please post on the forum and I will put you in touch with those who would be able to help you.

Chandana Samaranayake MD

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (Geoff Hannis, J Darby, brompton, GlynEd, Rallium), 432 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
diodoled, Al BMET, Eng_VPG, Graham Oliver, Jawad
10,188 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,071
Posts73,775
Members10,188
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020