Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Roxanne Offline OP
OP Offline
These lamp assembly(Perkin Elmer ones)cost £1650 from Stryker. The same lamps from are available from other medical lamp suppliers for considerably less, thus saving alot of money. The only snag then is that the iButton data logger that tracks time is disabled. Can anybody please advise me of a way to overcome this problem?
Roxanne

Super Hero
Super Hero

Welcome to the forum, Roxanne (after five years of lurking I notice). smile

It's a nice question, and one that has cropped up before (if my memory serves me well). I'll have a go with the Search function in a minute.

Any clues here?

Last edited by Geoff Hannis; 21/11/11 4:24 PM. Reason: 110 seconds later

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Roxanne Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Geoff for your reply. I have the Luxtel "Stryker Xenon Lamp Replacement Guide - X7000 & X8000" which I found very useful and was guided by until recently.

When the lamp was last changed the totaled hours was noted. The lamp was going to be changed again when the total got to that number plus 500. A lable was attached to the inside of the door shutter with the date, time, and and the noted totaled hour the timer said before the bulb was changed.

Unfortunately, we have now discovered that the counter will not go beyond 1000 hrs. Does anybody out there know how to reset the counter so that it continues to count after 1000 hours is reached, or simply reset the counter to zero so that it actually stays as zero? There is a reset button which when pressed does make the counter go to zero, but when the door was shut the counter went back to original number of hours.

Failing that we will try swapping housings between lightsources again. Only the last we tried this option it was not successful for us.

We have not as yet explored the final option of leaving the housing out of the unit for extended periods of time. We will try this and see what happens.

Roxanne

Super Hero
Super Hero

Indeed. Good stuff. smile

You have given enough information there to suggest a "solution", I would have thought. But far be it from me to encourage any form of "re-engineering", of course! whistle

(so I'll say no more)

But (just out of interest) ... more information on the iButton "data logger" required! Could this be it? think

Meanwhile (for the benefit of others):-

1) Stryker X7000 and X8000
2) Pentax EPK-i
3) Ceralux Lamp Guide

Savant
Savant
Sounds like alot of hassle to save some money. FYI Stryker now sell an LED Lightsource, no bulb changes required.

Super Hero
Super Hero

Depends on how much is being saved (or what the customer wants to pay) I reckon.

But LED's? Yes. Real progress there. Somehow I doubt that the lamp manufacturers are too pleased about that, though.

Roll on x-ray emitting LED's says I. smile

Savant
Savant
Apparently the L9000 more than pays for itself during its working life, due to the high cost of replacement bulbs.

Also Roxanne I understand your trying to save money, but what your doing is not stated in the manufacturers IFU, "off label usage" there for voids any warranty on the device and the manufacturer cannot be held accountable should anything occur.

I know you can swap the globe modules between the X7000's and it resets the lamp hours, but they fixed that with the X8000 and I dont believe you can reset the lamp hours any other way.

Novice
Novice
Hi Geoff (long time no speak) and others! If you guys have tech info relating to the lamps whether it be Stryker/ Perkin Elmer etc, get in touch with Andy at Professional Lamps UK. If he cant answer off the top of his head then he can contact the manufacturers direct.

Cheers

Novice
Novice
Hi, (this is andy @ PLUK using greig's login). You all might find this link useful.

Its from a manufacturer in the US and explains the reman. guide/handling of the ibutton

http://cxilamps.com/images/StrykerReplacementModules.pdf

To my knowledge only 2 manufacturers offer this full OEM product (because the lamp is a C type elliptical lamp and not prefocused - its normally best to stick with a pre-apperture set module's)
Luxtel and Excelitas (previously known as Perkin Elmer).
Excelitas, who manufacture the original lamp for Stryker, are OEM only in Europe, and dont sell to you and me in the aftermarket. Thankfully they dont apply the same rule to the US, so if you know where to look (and are an expert medical lamp distributor) you can source them... Ahem...

Super Hero
Super Hero

Careful - else they'll be on to you. You know, those folk with the daft, made-up, name(s). whistle

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (daisizhou, Eng_VPG), 421 guests, and 493 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
diodoled, Al BMET, Eng_VPG, Graham Oliver, Jawad
10,188 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,069
Posts73,773
Members10,188
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020