Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#65460 24/07/13 9:40 AM
rob Offline OP
Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor
Having signed up to the VRCT many years ago 8 or more years to be exact? Paying my £10.00 per annum, waiting and hoping like most that eventually this register will become compulsory, but alas this year I have given up on waiting, notwithstanding i don’t really need to be a member given my current role in medical engineering. So imagine my surprise that when I fail to renew I receive a number of letters advising me of increased cost for being late paying, followed by yet more letters, a kind of last chance saloon (at an increased cost of £30.00). But this latest letter takes the biscuit and I quote “because of non-payment your registration has been cancelled, and we will now write to your employer to advise them that your name has been removed from the register" scare tactics? In the tone of Ricky Tomlinson “VRCT my arse"… I will be interested to see what my Boss says?

Super Hero
Super Hero

Sorry to hear (surprised, even) that you were taken in by it all (eight years ago) in the first place, Rob. frown

As has been discussed on here before, if you (or anyone else) wants to be in a gang - why not just start your own? think

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Adept
Adept
Originally Posted By: rob
… I will be interested to see what my Boss says?

He will probably say "What voluntary register?".

This sort of fascist, draconian and dictatorial action by the VRCT serves to underline why it should never succeed in its present form. I guess that after all these years they are frightened that many of the original membership will fall away and are desperate to stop them. I would not think adopting such bullying tactics would be in their best interests. In my view if ever such a register became mandatory then the authorities would naturally have to encourage and indeed allow anyone working the industry to join at that time. I also expect that time to be a long way away, if ever.

Barney
Visionary
Visionary
Or maybe it has been condemned as staying voluntary, with the HCPC deciding of its worthiness of being a register in the first place:

http://www.hpc-uk.org/mediaandevents/statements/voluntaryregisters/

Anyone for ABME... Association of Bio-Medical Engineering. Professional membership may be more appropriate than VRCT.

The chief function of your body is to carry your brain around.
Scholar
Scholar
Ah, but haven't you heard? The 'Alliance for Patient Safety' (an apparent umbrella organisation including among others the VRCT) believes that the HPC is wrong, and that unregistered professionals are a danger to patients.

Philosopher
Philosopher
Actually I'm surprised that they didn't pick up on the latest issue in parliament? With a hospital having all their theatres closed down and a mention in parliament, you'd have thought the 'Alliance for Patient Safety' would be having a field day.

Sage
Sage
Received a similarly worded notification in the post, with the implied threat. whistle

Wear you "cancelled registration" with pride.
And, don’t lose any sleep over this!

chris any detail on why the theatres were closed ?

Hero
Hero
The V in VRCT is voluntary, when taken out of VRCT it becomes Vendetta.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
rob Offline OP
Mentor
OP Offline
Mentor
Barney,

Thats the point, I am the boss smile but still havent recieved notification yet informing me that I have left the register? I will have to take myself in the office and congratuate myself when it arrives ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Darby, daisizhou, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,704
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020