Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#67252 07/04/14 11:56 AM
OP Offline
why we use the ERBE Testbox Funkenmonitor, the device fires 75VDC into VIO 200S OR 300S. WHY WE PUT 75VDC between the active electrode and neutral electrode.

ALI
Super Hero
Super Hero

Am I right in thinking that you're talking about the Test Box for ERBE electrosurgical units, Ali?

And that the Vio 200-S and (or) Vio 300-S are the electrosurgical units themselves?

OK ... what's your problem (question)? think

OP Offline
Thank you Geoff, the question is why we carry out the test? why 75VDC?
CHEERS

ALI
Super Hero
Super Hero

It's an interesting question!

I believe that in this case we can read "Funkenmonitor" as "spark monitor". Although my German is a little rusty (OK, a lot rusty) it would seem that - as you have said - the Spark Monitor is used to inject 70 V between the active and return sockets, and then a "spark" value is displayed at the ESU.

Do you have the service manual for the Vio's (and a manual for the test kit)? The expected readings (and tolerances) are given there. But hopefully your manuals are in English!

Meanwhile, hopefully someone will have up-to-date information, and a complete explanation! smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
Funk approximates to function.
Robert

Is the voltage testing a plate alarm function?

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
RoJo #67267 08/04/14 12:12 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero

As we know, electrosurgery is an interesting area. There are all sorts of things going on:- radio frequency outputs, lots of power (hundreds of Watts), exotic waveforms, low voltages (mV), high voltages (kV p/p), low currents (mA) ... to name but a few. And all actively applied to an anaesthetised patient, and therefore closely controlled within an environment that is as safe as it can be.

So we have various feedback and monitoring functions ... etc., etc.

My guess is that ERBE technology includes what is effectively a high-impedance voltmeter that looks for (monitors) any DC component(s) that may appear across the active and return connections during operational use; and then reacts accordingly. Yes, in theory there shouldn't be any DC in the active output (due to the blocking capacitors in the active and return circuits) - so I can but assume that the "meter" is in circuit before (after) the caps.

The test box mentioned in the original post is obviously used to test the "meter circuit" for a valid reponse to a fixed 70 VDC test level. One manual I saw (for an earlier ERBE ESU) indicated which pot to tweak - the value comes off an A-D converter, apparently.

Presumably (when in use) the ESU reacts in some way if (when) a DC voltage level is detected.

Maybe it's something to do with automatic monitoring of output quality, or some such thing. Maybe the ESU recognises a "good spark" as a DC voltage level. Maybe it's something to do with inhibiting open circuit ouput. Or what happens if (from a floating output, of course) the active electrode is energized directly on the return plate! Who knows. smile

Happily, there is quite a lot of good stuff about electrosurgery available on the web ... this .pdf, for example.

What's that tester the guy is using on page 33?

Super Hero
Super Hero

Here's another nice .pdf. smile

Super Hero
Super Hero

In consideration of the original question, here's one for you:- check out the .pdf mentioned above, take a look at page 12, and ponder "how does the ESU measure the tissue impedance during operation"? think

Ali Homaida #71453 06/01/17 4:44 PM
Novice
Novice
Hi every body,

I have an erbe 350 with error 44 or 45.

Can some have any idea from which board can cause this type of error?

Thanks

Techice

Expert
Expert
Hi Techice
Error 44 is a fault with the monitor of the ST generator output voltage- so its not sending out the correct amount.
Error 45 is the self check of the generator mentioned above, this error normally happens during start up of the device.
Unless you can source the parts i would recommend that you send it back to ERBE for repair. I hope this has helped.

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ronan), 425 guests, and 548 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
diodoled, Al BMET, Eng_VPG, Graham Oliver, Jawad
10,188 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,069
Posts73,773
Members10,188
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020