Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hamo Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a problem with a Zeiss IOL Master model 1322-734 manufactured on 08/2006.Equipment was working fine until I changed the CMOS battery. Now for some strange reason the camera isn't feeding an image. When you start the unit you hear the stepper motors working and the front LCD display is OK. I checked all the connectors VERY carefully and all is fine. Can it be that by chance the CCD camera decided to go at the same time? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I found the service manual just yesterday and I'm planning to check connectors with a meter. I don't believe that it' really a coincidence but not much left to try...
I did revisit the site and it all points to the CCD Camera unit. Not sure though if any BIOS settings might make a difference. Reloaded the defaults anyways. The service rep is not being very cooperative as usual as I volunteered to change the CMOS battery as opposed to sending the main board to the manufacturer.
Many thanks!!!

Technologist
Technologist
Changing the CMOS battery will not affect the CCD. So it looks like you have damaged something or even disconnected.

I just changed a CMOS on one of our IOL's as the time was resetting to 01/01/1970. Swapping over the CMOS battery was simple enough.

Super Hero
Super Hero

@Biff:- just a quick swap in a cold machine? Or did you have to preserve the back-up voltage whilst fitting a new battery (or anything like that)? think

Originally Posted By: Hamo

The service rep is not being very cooperative as usual as I volunteered to change the CMOS battery as opposed to sending the main board to the manufacturer.

Never heard of that sort of thing before. whistle

Hamo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. All connectors very carefully inserted. Inspected all cables and connectors and ALL is good. If I understood your question correctly we did a cold machine swap. i.e. Power OFF , remove main board and de-solder the dead battery. I just can't imagine the CCD being damaged as nothing was even remotely plugged in the wrong way.
It must be an unlucky coincidence?
The only thing left is maybe something in the BIOS but as far as I could see nothing can cause a change as the battery was down to almost 0 volts.
Cheers!

Hamo Offline OP
OP Offline
I managed to get to the XP OS and noticed some drivers missing. The hard disk is 8 years old and has developed some bad sectors. When checking the system hardware I noticed some items missing. Like IOLMXPGIF Treiber and another one PCI 9056 board. Just wondering if someone can tell me if any of these could be the reason my CCD image is not showing up on the LCD?
If yes where can I get ( If possible ) the drivers?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ronan), 425 guests, and 548 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
diodoled, Al BMET, Eng_VPG, Graham Oliver, Jawad
10,188 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,069
Posts73,773
Members10,188
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020