Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Savant
OP Offline
Savant
Dear Colleagues,

You may be interested in this NEW course which is an updated version of the MEIGaN course. This 6 hour course at Liverpool University also covers the updated new policies and new governance approaches that the Department of Health wishes trusts to adopt. These new policies include the creation of electrical safety groups (ESG) and as to how business and patient risk need to be assessed.

This course is being held the day before two other short courses on Medical Devices so you may wish to attend them as well.

Regards,

Ian

Details:

SHORT COURSE ON MEDICAL ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS HTM 06-01 and BS7671

Tuesday 17th of October 2017

To add to our portfolio of short courses on electrical safety, this year we are pleased to offer a 1-day course on general medical electrical installations and installations of medical radiological equipment in hospitals and other healthcare premises. The course will be delivered by Ian Chell MSc FSRP, Director of Medical Locations and former Department of Health Policy Lead for Radiations.

Aims of the course:
The Department of Health recently published an update to the HTM 06-01 document in 2017 and this course explains:

The HTM 06-01 Document structure, aims and general policy,
Associated documents and UK regulatory structure,
Background to the risks within medical locations - including patient risk and business risks,
Final Circuits which include Medical IT (blue sockets),
Earthing,
Measurement of earth systems for medical radiological equipment installed in Medical Locations.
The course focuses on the relevant points for medical radiological installations. The new HTM 06-01 guidance has been structured to better clarify the BS7671 Standard (known colloquially as the Wiring Regulations).

Target audience:
This course is aimed at Medical Engineers and those involved with medical radiological equipment purchasing and commissioning and is also useful for trainee and less experienced medical engineers.
Attendees on this course could easily relay the first summary section to non-electrical colleagues in their trust. Knowledge of the ESG and responsisbilities need to be passed on to encourage uptake.

CPD:
This course provides 6 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists.

Venue:

Department of Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering

Royal Liverpool University Hospital NHS Trust

1st Floor, Duncan Building

Daulby Street

Liverpool L7 8XP

Tel: +44 (0)151 706 4202

Fax: +44 (0)151 706 5803

Course fee and Registration:

The course fee is £250 per delegate. Please note that NHS employees are VAT exempt. Registration closes on the 30th of September 2017.

To register, please contact:

Short courses administrator

Royal Liverpool University Hospital NHS Trust

Daulby Street

Liverpool L7 8XP

Tel: +44 (0)151 706 4202

Fax: +44 (0)151 706 5803

Professor Azzam F. G. Taktak, BEng (Hons), PhD, CEng, CSci, DipStat (Open), FIPEM
Consultant Clinical Scientist / Honorary Professor (University of Liverpool)
Department of Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
Daulby Street
Liverpool L7 8XP

T +44 151 706 4214
F +44 151 706 5803

Last edited by Huw; 26/09/17 4:41 PM. Reason: Added to Calendar.
Technologist
Technologist
I'm interested in this course and contacted them but they could only tell me about the courses on 18th and 19th.

Huw Offline
Hero
Hero

Savant
OP Offline
Savant
Dear All,

I'm afraid to say that this course is not now going ahead because not enough people applied by the agreed cut off date which was Monday 2..

My idea to tag it onto the other two days in October was only agreed in August and I only recently registered with this site. This advert was only posted last week.

However, I have agreed with Prof Taktak to have another go next April when the next two Medical Device courses are to be run. The idea of this course at Liverpool is for individuals. This is in addition to me offering my course to the NHS at their own sites.

I'll be able to advertise it earlier now I'm on the site

Kevin,

Can you let me know who you contacted because other people might have been doing the same and received the same response?

All - please see my website - I can come to your Trust and deliver it for a capped rate.

www.medical-locations.co.uk

Regards,

Ian

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 655 guests, and 505 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020